Fire Warnings

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Also from that linked article "the RFS turned up [the next morning] with nine body bags"... I'm well out of my depth here, anybody want to comment on whether this is typical for the RFS to roll around with body bags?

mark22

Likes Dirt
Unrealistic goals here. Most fires are started by lightning like the Gospers Mountain one with some at night. How on earth would you be able to cover hundreds if not thousands of strikes in Southern half of Australia.
I have a great respect or Andrew Forrest but cant help thinking he is having a Clive Palmer moment here.

Below is from NSW bushfire inquiry

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It will start getting cooler, just you watch.
He is like a fucking druid or Soothsayer thinking his simple minded peasants haven't caught on about the seasons.
...no shit it's about to get cooler, winter is coming. I'm surprised he hasn't insisted on the sacrifice of virgins yet.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
He is like a fucking druid or Soothsayer thinking his simple minded peasants haven't caught on about the seasons.
...no shit it's about to get cooler, winter is coming. I'm surprised he hasn't insisted on the sacrifice of virgins yet.
None left.

stirk

Burner
Just drove past a bushfire which had just started a couple of km up the hwy in Falconbridge.

Its hot and windy so the scanner talk indicates they are throwing a fair few units at it and choppers. Sounds like it's under control at the moment but the wind is forecast to change direction soon.

Welcome to summer 2020-2021

I hope it's not a bad year after last years devestation.

stirk

Burner

I love helicopters!

This is my favourite heli, they make one hell of a booming sound under load.

Of course it would be better not to hear them at all outside of an airshow.

Last edited: