Bargain buys thread

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Oil as in lube
Oil based lubricants is where babies come from.

Why, pray tell? I usually don’t, only coz it’s not on the stand at the time, but if I’ve been working on it, I’ll lube it while on there every time.
My bikes don't go into the work stand very often. It's easy enough to access the necessary pat of the bike whole they are in the rack. When I built it I spaced it so I could get between the bikes. It was the same design I had used for my fleet bikes. I was working on them with kids a lot I wanted to be able to stand around the bikes while they were in the rack. I did (and still do) a lot of basic maintenance in the rack. It was a lot easier than having a bunch of kids jostling to stand closest to the hanging bike. For tricky stuff the bikes went in the rack or up on the work bench.

Also as mentioned earlier I don't trust my stand to hold the whole bike, so when it's in there...wheels are off. For no particular reason I don't like lubricating a floppy chain.

Living so close to salt water I live fairly regularly. When in a hurry I sometimes lean the non-drive side of the rear tyre on the edge of the garage doorway and squirt a few laps on.

when the bike is in the stand I often enjoy sitting on my shed lounge and staring at the bike.

iconic

Likes Dirt
Suntour have the Durolux back in stock (though shipping later this month)

I jumped the gun earlier this week and paid a little more than what they are selling for now. I got the non EQ model as didn't want to spent that much and also ease of adjusting the travel

Should be just over $600 for the non EQ model, and around $880 for the EQ model

They also have an Aion 35mm boost model with the PCS damper but no compression adjust for just over $450

Prices in AUD using the SUMMER2020 code

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas

I jumped the gun earlier this week and paid a little more than what they are selling for now. I got the non EQ model as didn't want to spent that much and also ease of adjusting the travel

What is the equivalent Rockshox model?

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
The complete opposite of bargain..

WTF

SDA

Likes Dirt
The complete opposite of bargain..

WTF
Could you buy a Shimano XT drivetrain for that?

Speaking of, can you use a Shimano chain on a SRAM crankset and Chain ring?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Could you buy a Shimano XT drivetrain for that?

Speaking of, can you use a Shimano chain on a SRAM crankset and Chain ring?
Isn't the profiling on the inside of the Hyperglide2 chain a bit different or is that just the Hyperglide2 chainring?

ausdb

Being who he is
They also have an Aion 35mm boost model with the PCS damper but no compression adjust for just over $450
Would the Aion be suitable for a fat dad's bike? I'm currently building a 29 hardtail and looking for s 120mm fork but want the ability to adjust to about 150 if I end up getting a full squish in the future. Nothing hardcore just riding green and blue trails with my kid. I've been too long out of mtbing to know what's good or bad on the used market and there's very little around at the moment.

PJO

in me vL comy

Prices in AUD using the SUMMER2020 code
What I don't get is why do they have different leg diameters when all of their forks weigh about the same (all a bit over 2kg)
Am I missing something here?
Why does the Raidon even exist, it covers 120-130mm travel but weights 2.02kg
Also note that their AtoC heights are all approx. 10mm longer than other players...
Other than that they seem like good value.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Burgtec make one that I’m about to try (though Shimano DM). Runs sweet with 11sp chains and the Shimano 12sp.
FWIW, I ran a 11sp chain around a 12sp chainring on the first attempt at finding a 'magic' ratio, and while it obviously didn't have any crossloading applied it ran smooth and quiet in terms of chain and chainring meshing.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Currently running SRAM GX / X01. Contemplating Shimano XT when it wears out. The cost of a SRAM cassette encourages lateral thinking
Tell me about it. I went SLX but kept my GX cranks. I was already running an SLX derailleur with XT shifter. When my eagle cassette needed replacing I changed to an SLX cassette and chain and bought an AbsoluteBlack Direct Mount Hyperglide2 Oval chainring so I could keep the cranks.