XC Tropical hardcore hardtail

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Be warned...those useless douche bags have sold me out of stock items a few times. Then before I get a refund they have them listed again... suspension and frames, so they are asking a big chunk of $$$ to stay in the game.

One of those times they found a few new items left over and I jumped on it. They sent me a frame with a ding it big enough to hide one of your alcoholic aunty's rum balls. I was pretty confident it had been a return for damage and they hoped I wouldn't notice. They tried to convince me to keep it and I wanted it, but...the ding was so big.

Ummmmm I think I was just going to say if they run out and you get reemed keep an eye on the site because they may find more.

safreek

Ok I've placed the order! Assuming it doesn't go tits up, this will be my new bike -

Ragley Big Al (XL). I have a 170mm Ascend dropper, Sam Hill Horizon pedals and a pair of Pink DMR Death Grips too. The first thing I'll save for is a new crank as this one is a bit shit supposedly.

So excited!

Cool, almost yeti colour. And it will fit 26 wheels if you get sick of 29. Win win

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes! It's shipped! Delivery date is 21st September.

Any tips for bedding in the brakes?

Also, are there any issues with taking it for a few rides with tubes then converting to tubeless?
For your brakes, find a steep bitumen hill. Go to the top. Pedal super hard back down and brake as hard as you can (without skidding) once you reach max speed. Repeat until pads feel good.

Riding with tubes on the otherhand...

Staunch

Eats Squid
I use that technique and it's always been good.
My default is just dump some water over both calipers, ride around, and pull the brakes as per usual when trying to bed in pads. Same result as without water but heaps faster. There's no way you'd generate enough temp change to warp the rotors when you're just trying to bed in pads. If it occurs then, you're screwed when you actually ride some steep terrain for an extended period of time.

Not saying that pedalling around with the brake held on doesn't work, but I wouldn't say it's necessary either.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

...feels good.

Those pink grips look boss on the bike! Well done. You might want to bust in early with some of the always asked questions...

How long did delivery take?
Was there any hidden charges?
Did it arrive safe and sound?
Have you ridden it nude yet?
Take it off any sweet jumps?
Time for an upgrade, what's first to go?

• Haha
Reactions: SDA

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I haven't as I had to finish a project but I fully intend to tomorrow! I'm adding the dropper post shortly..

Bloody stoked but part of me wishes for 10mm more reach..
It’s 10mm dude, don’t stress it.

We get caught up in the numbers too much, at the end of the day the biggest difference us plebians can make to the quality of our riding, is by working on us, not the bike.

First ride pics are expected I hope you know.

Edit: just saw the post above making the same point aha! Glad we’re on the same page.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
10mm is an easy grab though...Slide seat back. If that doesn't deliver you can start looking a 5-10mm longer stem and a setback seat post.