What does your day look like?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
New NAS install (Synology DS200J), Express Post from Melb, posted yesterday:

Currently concurrently backing up our Bluesound Vault, wifey's MacBook Pro via Time Machine & another HDD we'd been using.

Goddam easy to set up it is!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

View attachment 367299

Currently concurrently backing up our Bluesound Vault, wifey's MacBook Pro via Time Machine & another HDD we'd been using.

It's also got something that looks like a startled glow-in the dark smoke alarm at the back. Ah, technology.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

View attachment 367299

Synologys are the bomb.

Pro tip use a VPN and change the default ports to protect the NAS from external threats. You can still access the nas externally using the Synology quickconnect service.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Yeah researching that now! Seems a little toooooo easy to access.

@goobags It's all I'm doing for now...I'm a n00b, I will upgrade if I have to (yeah 220J)

@beeb - Philips Hue hub, this house is all the tech :p

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
We may end up installing another small privacy screen on this wall but in the meantime I got sick of staring at the unfinished nature of the brickwork so had my roofing supplier knock up some cappings:

Plus also had some flashing made up so I could construct an exact-fit planter box:

Shitty old pots still there until soil is begotten...