How to How to GoPro.... Bible

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
What’s the go with the subscription? Purchase with 9 through gopro online store and it’s $559 with a 32 card.

Standing in JB now ready to buy but can save roughly $170 if wait for online order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foxpuppet

Eats Squid

Classic early adopter....

Got stitched up though.

$729 including 32gb card at JB

$700 from GoPro but with extra battery, new chesty, floating handler, swivel clip, 32gb card, 1 year GoPro subscription with 2 free replacements
50% off any accessories during subscription
Unlimited cloud storage....

Cunning plan, correct me if wrong. Keep unit I just got today, Purchase through GoPro and return unit to JB when it arrives in fresh box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dangals

Likes Dirt
Cunning plan, correct me if wrong. Keep unit I just got today, Purchase through GoPro and return unit to JB when it arrives in fresh box.
The only concern would be if the unit from Gopro comes in a different package being a "bundle" but the actual GoPro itself I imagine is likely packaged the same.

I am interested in the new wide angle lens they have released....curious how that goes with our type of use - keen for reviews to start popping up

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
The only concern would be if the unit from Gopro comes in a different package being a "bundle" but the actual GoPro itself I imagine is likely packaged the same.

I am interested in the new wide angle lens they have released....curious how that goes with our type of use - keen for reviews to start popping up
Damn didn't think of that, but i'd say for the sake of making different packaging they wouldn't bother and would just box up the standard retail unit and have separate kits for the individual bits. too late to change my mind now, already ordered again!

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DC Rainmakers quick review there is also an in-depth comparison video he has up too.
Some interesting stuff, but a few trade offs like yet another new battery, bigger and heavier. But do like that the replaceable lens is back.

But the most interesting thing I took from the video is that there's a firmware update for the hero 8 black I had missed.
For MTBing the best thing is it now allows us to use Superview with the Hypersmooth Boost setting.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
What’s the go with the subscription? Purchase with 9 through gopro online store and it’s $559 with a 32 card.
Been looking for catches this morning... it seems legit.

The delivery of the camera from GoPro comes from Malaysia, well my Hero8 did anyway. Only took 3 days by express courier mail, can't remember the exact company.

Going to order mine from GoPro now.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Been looking for catches this morning... it seems legit.

The delivery of the camera from GoPro comes from Malaysia, well my Hero8 did anyway. Only took 3 days by express courier mail, can't remember the exact company.

Going to order mine from GoPro now.

Thanks for the share, Article makes a lot of sense and raises some good points about cash flow for Gopro.
I feel bad for the retailers though, being in the game myself. Being undercut by the supplier selling direct is a very low blow. One of the reasons we only stock brands who refuse to go down that path. The dealer network stays happy and there is limited cut throat selling.

ozzybmx

I feel bad for the retailers though, being in the game myself. Being undercut by the supplier selling direct is a very low blow.
It is ! Bit of a dog act by GoPro... going to be people returning cameras to JB's all over the country ;)

You would hope that price retailers paid for their stock, was considerably lower than the $559 GoPro are selling them for.

Reminds me of a well known bicycle distributor here in Australia that used to have a lot of very big brands.
Shops all over the country stocked with their gear and they had direct back-door sales cheaper than the shops paid for stock.

Minlak

custom titis
Some interesting stuff, but a few trade offs like yet another new battery, bigger and heavier. But do like that the replaceable lens is back.

But the most interesting thing I took from the video is that there's a firmware update for the hero 8 black I had missed.
For MTBing the best thing is it now allows us to use Superview with the Hypersmooth Boost setting.

View attachment 367318
Yeah I had the 7 so no options for that - sort of excited to see if it makes the steeps look as steep as they really are - although a life that’s the case a few people that look faster due to the camera lens might start to look slower :) - I feel it needed to be slightly larger to be a useful vlogging camera for more main stream use - I’m excited by the tech but struggling to contain a purchase until I think about if I am going to have time with the new business etc to do it justice - we all know it will need a few updates to fix shit and there will be specials when the shiny wears off.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
So they structure it so you actually pay $69.99 for the GoPro subscription. Then $489 for the camera.

I received a receipt straight away telling me congratulations on my GoPro subscription but the camera is still - pending GoPros acceptance of order.

Meanwhile $210 more on release day o_Ohttps://www.pushys.com.au/gopro-hero9-black.html
No thanks to you bunch of enablers I'll be joining the Go-Pro family soon, my order status just says pending shipping. Ended up at $623 with the dual charger and spare battery.

ozzybmx

The new horizon levelling looks a pretty good addition, should be decent for bike footage.

Max lens Mod too.... now we're all fully paid up GoPro+ members and get 50% off :p

Dangals

Likes Dirt
The new horizon levelling looks a pretty good addition, should be decent for bike footage.

Max lens Mod too.... now we're all fully paid up GoPro+ members and get 50% off :p
Yeah saw that earlier and must admit I am seriously tempted to upgrade if the footage is that much better with the max lens / horizon setting