Hibike, Starbike, no more Sram to Australia!

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Anyone put in an order from Hibike or bike-components the past few weeks? If so, were there any irregularities other than a few weeks delay?

I saw OzzyBMX contacted Hibike and they mentioned a per kg fee on top of shipping.
I contacted bike components last week and asked what the shipping situation is and they reckoned it was full steam ahead with only slight delays so I placed an order. The order didn't get packed for a week as an item was out of stock (I knew that) until today but I just received shipping notification this morning so fingers crossed from here.

Binaural

Eats Squid
My crc package went through LA. Ordered last Thursday, on my door step yesterday.

That’s the quickest I’ve had my crc parcel delivered to me. Almost matching the amount of time it takes aust post to deliver my parcel from mtbdirect!
Yeah, I quite like MTBDirect but I've never received anything from them fast.

Minlak

custom titis
Yeah, I quite like MTBDirect but I've never received anything from them fast.
Seems like half the 'burners find them really fast, the other half not so much. Mine are typically really quick.
All my packages from MTB Direct seem to take 5 days - order on Sunday get on Friday doesn’t matter if I pay express or normal - that ok I order from them knowing that.

I want to buy a new rear wheel and can’t find anything in Aus (that I want) so close to ordering from UK just worried about the shipping issues and stuff lately being hit and miss - I prefer to order these things in Aus for warranty stuff too - thought about getting a wheel built but damn hubs seem expensive now

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
I believe it still stands. The same info quoting the additional charges is still current on the DHL site.

HiBike is my goto store usually but this threat of additional charge is annoying.

Bike24 again, price matched 3 items with HiBike so it worked out alright.

Tracking says its on the runway, waiting on more packages, so get ordering :p

View attachment 365927
Yep Hibike confirmed this overnight. The little bonus is that they will wear the cost of the first 2kg and charge after that.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Just received a HiBike order this morning.
  • 3 weeks to get on a plane in Frankfurt
  • 3 days later delivered delivered to my door in Sydney.
Happy to finally receive my goods, but both parts of that don't seem right.....
Nice! A month isn't too bad considering the current climate

anyone know of a german freight forwarder?
I haven't heard of anyone doing this as you'll incur VAT (~20%)

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
^ I believe @Haakon has a German freight forwarder he recommends. But yes, it'd need to be something pretty seriously discounted, second hand, or rare as you won't get the VAT discount and may also get stung with GST on the way in.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
^ I believe @Haakon has a German freight forwarder he recommends. But yes, it'd need to be something pretty seriously discounted, second hand, or rare as you won't get the VAT discount and may also get stung with GST on the way in.
mygermany.com for heavy stuff over 20kg, mailboxde.com for smaller things.

mygermany has a service where they will buy it for you and charge 10%, but not 19% VAT. Which I wish i'd realised before the last 500euro car parts order i did via them - doh....

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking to buy some GRX stuff so that German freight forwarder is looking tasty - they actually have what i want in stock.

Does it get slammed with GST on the way in (approx $1500 worth of stuff).

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Anyone done a Bike-Components order lately ? I'm They are looking at some stuff from there.

I can't see any shipping restrictions with BC ?

On a different note, I have had a DHL-CRC package move through Frankfurt at the same time my DHL-Bike24 package was tracked as waiting there, its still in frankfurt waiting after 14days... no big deal as the last was there for nearly 3 weeks the delivered in 2-3 days, 3.5 weeks is very acceptable in the current climate.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I just tried putting something in the basket, even though it says the item ships from Australia they are still charging $28 DHL shipping!
That’s pretty crap of them. Surely not that hard to offer lower shipping prices for AU customers from a AU warehouse.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
CRC now doing SRAM to Aus, ships from an Aussie warehouse, ramge is limited and pricing looks average too:

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com...20_wnfy&utm_content=10/11/2020%203:01:37%20PM
I saw SRAM products a week or so ago, bit thought that it may have just been a filter glitch.

I wish that wiggle would either finally kill off crc or build it back up. I'm sick of it being a mediocre half arsed effort at retail and I miss the warehouse clearing prices of the glory days!

Flow-Rider

Burner
I wish that wiggle would either finally kill off crc or build it back up. I'm sick of it being a mediocre half arsed effort at retail and I miss the warehouse clearing prices of the glory days!
Those days were the best, high Aussie dollar value, bought heaps of stuff that I didn't really need at the time.

But saying that I can remember picking up a brand-new XT crank from Fleabay Aussie seller in 2011, less than half the retail price from the LBS at the time. Asked him how come it was so cheap and he said that he bought a heap of them in a club buy.