Marino Bike Co rigs.

As18258

Squid
Hey guys i was wondering if you have any follow up on the Marino frames. Is it worth me getting them to weld up an enduro 29 for aggressive riding and if so what would you suggest or improve on your bikes? thanks

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Hey guys i was wondering if you have any follow up on the Marino frames. Is it worth me getting them to weld up an enduro 29 for aggressive riding and if so what would you suggest or improve on your bikes? thanks
It's worth it, if you can wait....

Their lead time at the moment is months! And you have to be very patient. Also taking a hit on the dollar at the moment as well, but still bloody good value for a custom frame!

Just as an example, I'm going through ordering a dually at the moment and I started emailing on 29/10/19. I payed the deposit on 04/02/20 and received my last email from them with a question on 28/02/20, which should have been the final question on the build.

Next step should be a photo or 2 from the build...

As18258

Squid
It's worth it, if you can wait....

Their lead time at the moment is months! And you have to be very patient. Also taking a hit on the dollar at the moment as well, but still bloody good value for a custom frame!

Just as an example, I'm going through ordering a dually at the moment and I started emailing on 29/10/19. I payed the deposit on 04/02/20 and received my last email from them with a question on 28/02/20, which should have been the final question on the build.

Next step should be a photo or 2 from the build...
Cheers i will start the process and wait it out hahaha.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Thinking of ordering a couple of frames. A 26" focused one for my son to move up from 24" and a 27.5 short travel ripper for myself. Anyone found a reasonable alternative builder? Or just roll with Marino?

wkkie

Price wise, you won't find cheaper for custom.

Be prepared to wait! And wait!! My process for the latest frame started in November and I paid the deposit in February.

My frame still hasn't started. But I'm prepared to wait because of 1, the price and 2, the custom geometry.

They were down to 1 frame maker from 4, with covid19 and apparently they have another builder or 2 back now. Shipping is another thing, more waiting there...

Last edited:

wkkie

Nice work.

I just cancelled my Marino order. Paid the deposit in February and it wasn't standard for them, so I think it was too much like hard work and they were slow getting back to me and it was delay after delay.

Pretty disappointing, but I'm still giving my hardtail a hard time, and apart from the paint (which they really didn't care about), it's been a pleasure.

lear45

Squid
Nice work.

I just cancelled my Marino order. Paid the deposit in February and it wasn't standard for them, so I think it was too much like hard work and they were slow getting back to me and it was delay after delay.

Pretty disappointing, but I'm still giving my hardtail a hard time, and apart from the paint (which they really didn't care about), it's been a pleasure.
They seem to be expediting their orders since they were backed up from March to July. Communication has been within the day for me. Sorry to hear about your frame, I hope the other one isn't giving you any trouble.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
They seem to be expediting their orders since they were backed up from March to July. Communication has been within the day for me. Sorry to hear about your frame, I hope the other one isn't giving you any trouble.
Wow communication within the day! I gave up after not hearing anything about the design changes I made for 3 weeks and sent them an email cancelling the order, it was another 2 weeks before they responded to that. They are swamped and said they are trying to get something in place for the communication but I suspect they are burning a lot of customers.

lear45

Squid
Wow communication within the day! I gave up after not hearing anything about the design changes I made for 3 weeks and sent them an email cancelling the order, it was another 2 weeks before they responded to that. They are swamped and said they are trying to get something in place for the communication but I suspect they are burning a lot of customers.
Sorry to hear about that. I hate to bother them, but if I don't hear back in more than a week and a half, I send a follow up email. It's worked so far, and while I feel bad that they're swamped, it's not hard to imagine one email getting lost in the sea of other orders or them forgetting about it. That said, it doesn't look like it's gonna be too bad for me. The hope is that I get it before Christmas, the expectation is January.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Sorry to hear about that. I hate to bother them, but if I don't hear back in more than a week and a half, I send a follow up email. It's worked so far, and while I feel bad that they're swamped, it's not hard to imagine one email getting lost in the sea of other orders or them forgetting about it. That said, it doesn't look like it's gonna be too bad for me. The hope is that I get it before Christmas, the expectation is January.
Ahh so you were waiting for responses for over a week as well, it sounded like they were responding to all emails within a day without you having to follow up. I gave up and went with Waltly after 3 email over 1 week were not responded to within 2 weeks of the last email being sent, that seemed like a reasonable amount of following up from me before I gave up on them. In the end it was then a total of 5 weeks before they replied from the date of the first email. The frames are cheap for a reason, they don't put any money into the office or the customer care, my thought is this strategy won't pay off in the long-term.

lear45

Squid
Ahh so you were waiting for responses for over a week as well, it sounded like they were responding to all emails within a day without you having to follow up. I gave up and went with Waltly after 3 email over 1 week were not responded to within 2 weeks of the last email being sent, that seemed like a reasonable amount of following up from me before I gave up on them. In the end it was then a total of 5 weeks before they replied from the date of the first email. The frames are cheap for a reason, they don't put any money into the office or the customer care, my thought is this strategy won't pay off in the long-term.
They seem to be expanding on their customer service department, to be honest. We have different experiences of course, but Elijah was very kind, yet understandably busy. Once I got a communication chain going with color options, final payments, and the like, it was never too long between replies. Still, I'm excited for my hardtail and as a young rider with no money, this was a good option despite the wait- I made sure I knew what I was getting myself into.

By the way @goobags lovely build. Love the single speed;)

Last edited: