Marino Bike Co rigs.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
They seem to be expanding on their customer service department, to be honest. We have different experiences of course, but Elijah was very kind, yet understandably busy. Once I got a communication chain going with color options, final payments, and the like, it was never too long between replies. Still, I'm excited for my hardtail and as a young rider with no money, this was a good option despite the wait- I made sure I knew what I was getting myself into.

By the way @goobags lovely build. Love the single speed;)
There is no question about the value of their frames. Elijah seemed lovely but if it's going to take 5 weeks to reply to 3 emails they might want to mention that when you ordering. I thought I knew what I was getting myself in for but it seems like their service is a bit hit and miss/different for different customers which is the real problem for me.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
There is no question about the value of their frames. Elijah seemed lovely but if it's going to take 5 weeks to reply to 3 emails they might want to mention that when you ordering. I thought I knew what I was getting myself in for but it seems like their service is a bit hit and miss/different for different customers which is the real problem for me.
For sure. It was super frustrating watching countless frames roll out of there on social media and struggling to get any type of update from them.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
The frames are cheap for a reason, they don't put any money into the office or the customer care, my thought is this strategy won't pay off in the long-term.
I can only imagine how frustrating it is but I'd say they'll get their shit sorted and weather the effects of multiple disgruntled customers purely because everything's in house. If they were out sourcing everything to a third party and still messing everything up (ala Sick) then they'd be unlikely to last, but being able to sort everything on site will stand them in good stead purely because they can move much faster. Relatively.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow communication within the day! I gave up after not hearing anything about the design changes I made for 3 weeks and sent them an email cancelling the order, it was another 2 weeks before they responded to that. They are swamped and said they are trying to get something in place for the communication but I suspect they are burning a lot of customers.
That was my recent experience. Was going to order a DJ frame, but after multiple 2+ week waits for communication I cancelled the order and bought a Dartmoor. In the time it took to receive a reply to the email cancelling the order, I had bought the frame, negotiated non-standard shipping with Casey, received the frame, built it up, and was riding it.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I can only imagine how frustrating it is but I'd say they'll get their shit sorted and weather the effects of multiple disgruntled customers purely because everything's in house. If they were out sourcing everything to a third party and still messing everything up (ala Sick) then they'd be unlikely to last, but being able to sort everything on site will stand them in good stead purely because they can move much faster. Relatively.
Oh yeah not saying they are going to go bust like Sick did they were wankers, more that it will slow their growth which they are probably ok with. My main thought is they will annoy less people if they are upfront about the times it's going to take for even simple things like emails. If your upfront there will hopefully be less bad reviews online.

goobags

Likes Dirt
Just remember the situation over in Peru isn’t exactly great at the moment and they moved workshop fairly recently. Even with delays I would still recommend them. Compare the price to an off the shelf single speed frame and they’re cheap as. Honzo, Chameleon and Fuse are all much more expensive than a Marino hardtail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just remember the situation over in Peru isn’t exactly great at the moment and they moved workshop fairly recently. Even with delays I would still recommend them. Compare the price to an off the shelf single speed frame and they’re cheap as. Honzo, Chameleon and Fuse are all much more expensive than a Marino hardtail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, 100%. Fantastic option for the price and I am glad I got the frame I did, the value is unbeatable. There's a good reason they're so popular.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I'd be interested in speccing a custom frame in the next year or so based on what I do and don't like about my current one.

Slightly longer reach, a bit more stack height and slightly steeper seat tube.

No idea about the colour, I really fancy the Pace RC100 colour along with custom painted fork lowers, stem and crank arms!

lear45

Squid
I'd be interested in speccing a custom frame in the next year or so based on what I do and don't like about my current one.

Slightly longer reach, a bit more stack height and slightly steeper seat tube.

No idea about the colour, I really fancy the Pace RC100 colour along with custom painted fork lowers, stem and crank arms!

Looks interesting- what's your current frame?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I just received my deposit refund, after 1 email reminder

It was the fastest communication I've had with them since paying the deposit in March.

lear45

Squid
Nice. Looks like the 7 weeks from mid October blew out a bit.

Did they let you know at all? Any specific delay mentioned?
Yeah, they mentioned my frame being delayed a few weeks ago, since they were focusing on the other orders that they weren't working on due to COVID. They now say it's probably going to be mid January. I don't mind, since I expected it and I have a working bike in the meantime

LPG

likes thicc birds
I'm pretty seriously considering one of these frames to upgrade the geo on my hardtail to match my fs bike. Raw steel frames make me weak at the knees, I love looking at the heat effected zone from the welds.