The QUICK question thread.....

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Any tips where to buy prestas valve core remover caps that aren't $6-10 each?
I would check your LBS. We used to have heaps of them laying around in spares boxes as they come with new bikes that need to be setup tubeless.

Edit: sorry, they weren't caps as such, just valve core removers smaller than 5c piece.

moorey

call me Mia
I would check your LBS. We used to have heaps of them laying around in spares boxes as they come with new bikes that need to be setup tubeless.

Edit: sorry, they weren't caps as such, just valve core removers smaller than 5c piece.
Yeah, got a few of those shitty black things. Places are still charging $3-4 for those if you buy separately. I make my own usually, but like to keep a valve cap one on Felix's bike. They never seem to stay on for some reason. Never lose regular alloy caps.
Cheers.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Reckon OneUp will come to the party with this?

Bought it ages ago, makes it a PITA to use & insert inside the pump...

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Reckon OneUp will come to the party with this?

Bought it ages ago, makes it a PITA to use & insert inside the pump...
I had the chain breaker fail on mine. They sent a replacement out of the states pronto with very few questions asked. Get in touch.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Can I mix and match chains?
I’ve got 3/4 of a SRAM 11sp chain (NFI why I have most of a chain) and enough left over KMC links to make a full chain.
They seem to go together fine but concerned SRAM might have an inbuilt detection device and self destruct when I try to run it.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Can I mix and match chains?
I’ve got 3/4 of a SRAM 11sp chain (NFI why I have most of a chain) and enough left over KMC links to make a full chain.
They seem to go together fine but concerned SRAM might have an inbuilt detection device and self destruct when I try to run it.

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk

Jpez

Down on the left!
Ok. Looks like I’ll be running the chain. Thanks.
2nd question. I know there’s been a lot written about this but I’m going to upgrade the ratchet in my DT Swiss 350’s from 18 to either 36 or 54.
I’m a 100kg kitted and I put a bit of power down to the pedals.
Am I asking for trouble going 54th or should I stick to the 36 for a safer bet.
Ive heard the 54 can be a bit fragile for bigger units like me.