Little Things You Love

Minlak

custom titis
I take pics too but just to piss off my sister.

On food, anyone know how to stop tempura battered stuffs sticking together into a homogenous mass? Already feeding it one by one around the wok but it seems there is another attractive force I know nothing about. Veges still taste amazing and it is a bit of a surprise not being able to tell what it is.
You need to make sure the oil is at the right temperature - put things in one at a time by swimming them for about 10 secs each ( gently and carefully hold them by the “tail” push them under the oil and gently swim them for around 10 secs to seal the batter )

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
You need to make sure the oil is at the right temperature - put things in one at a time by swimming them for about 10 secs each ( gently and carefully hold them by the “tail” push them under the oil and gently swim them for around 10 secs to seal the batter )
Yep, still came out as a gluggy mess. Sigh.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I only use a wok on my rambo burner for deep frying. This makes temp control a little tricky, so when I'm deep frying tricky stuff like tempura I test that the oil is right by cooking some prawn chips first. If you can crank out a perfect prawn chip then you know the oil temp is spot on.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes !
I just got back from an 'after work ' ride in the Bush , so quiet and peaceful - as dusk starts to settle all the animals come out - scaring me by rustling and jumping , leaping and squeaking .
Then its quiet agin as they move about , just doing their thing .