VIC FOUND. M/L trail-ish bike. Consider just a frame.

moorey

call me Mia
Item: As above, 130-150 max travel. Prefer 27.5. Older bike with solid build would do the job.
Condition: Solid working bike needed.
Price: $2500 max, shipped. Better if a bit less.
Info: Back story.... mate of Felix's keen to play along and get into some enduro racing. Against my advice, he ordered a Marin San Quentin a few months back from the States. I said it was a bit suss, they took his money, and no bike....but dad helped him recover it. I've been lending him the Spitty, but he and parents are too proud to hold onto it. He's wanting to order another Marin, but his parents called me, and I've convinced them its not a bike best suited for what he wants to do, and that S/H is a better option....except covid screws all that up.
Have convinced them and him to give me a few weeks to find something before anyone does anything silly.

This is more of an anti douche thread post. I know there won't be a burner bike to fit the bill, but if you stumble across something, let me know.
Thanks.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Would a 2016 Transition Patrol in Large be too big/too much travel?
I've got a mate with one he's looking to offload. Frame is in pretty good nick, unsure on the fork as I know he scratched it but don't know to what extent. Would probably just need a new rear brake pad and a new cable for the KS dropper.
If you think it might be a fit I'll get him to take some photos this weekend and send them through.

safreek

[QUOTE="moorey, post:
. He's wanting to order another Marin, but his parents called me, and I've convinced them its not a bike best suited for what he wants to do, and that S/H is a better option...
You know how kids are, he will never be happy until he gets his Marin.
[/QUOTE]

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Specialized eww, but a solid build. Hope, XT, Stans... basically all the @moorey stuff

That’s actually not looking bad...I mean...for a spesh.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
One of my mates is running what I'm pretty sure is those spank wheels from the giant on his dh bike. They seem rock solid.

I don't think the intense spider is going to be teen proof. They are a lovely frame but...perhaps not quite robust enough.

Would a mullet be an option?

moorey

call me Mia
More travel than planned, and awaiting pics (and better scales), but a Range C7.1 might be a decent option.