Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Van kit rejigged. Went with a rooftop tent pod and awning. Storage on a unit close to the cab. Sliders for bikes and a table underneath. Should be able to test it this weekend at our first race this year...

Attachments

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Ah so many good times, so many not so good times!

Yeah, being on first name basis with the cool guys at Simply Sport Cars is part of the experience. I used to deal with Stu most of all, he’s left since.

The common failure issues walkthrough I could have done with MCM, they skipped a few!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
People are weird. Had a guy pull up next to me at the lights in a new hottie AMG merc hatch thing. Gives me the look so I think fine I'll make happy and drag him. No way in hell is the Alfa going to touch his AMG but hey if it makes him happy.

Next lights I pull up next to him on his left and he has his left window down. I go to laugh and say I've only got a 1.4 and never had a chance, but nope - totally ignores me looking super cool and smug for being the winner. I think he took the whole thing seriously and roared off again. Funny, made me chuckle at least.

Oddly I get that every now and then. I guess it sorta looks sporty, even though it’s only a 125kw 1.4...

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
People are weird. Had a guy pull up next to me at the lights in a new hottie AMG merc hatch thing. Gives me the look so I think fine I'll make happy and drag him. No way in hell is the Alfa going to touch his AMG but hey if it makes him happy.

Next lights I pull up next to him on his left and he has his left window down. I go to laugh and say I've only got a 1.4 and never had a chance, but nope - totally ignores me looking super cool and smug for being the winner. I think he took the whole thing seriously and roared off again. Funny, made me chuckle at least.

Oddly I get that every now and then. I guess it sorta looks sporty, even though it’s only a 125kw 1.4...
Its was probably just an AMG bodykit and he was genuinely suprised he got the win!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
He probably started in third gear & used half throttle & wasn't even racing & was surprised he got the win!
Quite possibly. the alfa is useless off the line - between the dual clutch auto and a laggy turbo its at least 2-4 seconds before its got its shit together and starts properly moving.

But it has a massively wide torque curve so once on the move its a super flexible and enjoyable drivetrain..

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Quite possibly. the alfa is useless off the line - between the dual clutch auto and a laggy turbo its at least 2-4 seconds before its got its shit together and starts properly moving.

But it has a massively wide torque curve so once on the move its a super flexible and enjoyable drivetrain..
You have two feet, correct?