Little Things You Hate

Flow-Rider

Burner
It’s bullshit. The executives involved in the receipt of bonuses delivered a 200million plus revenue stream to the business, lifting a bunch of licensed post office operators from unprofitable to profitable.

Just because it’s a government owned entity, run for profit, doesn’t mean it can’t operate in wholly commercial terms.

Will the government return the years profit back to australia post?
What about the underpaid courier contractors that end up working for less than the minimum wage ?

andrew9

Likes Dirt
It’s bullshit. The executives involved in the receipt of bonuses delivered a 200million plus revenue stream to the business, lifting a bunch of licensed post office operators from unprofitable to profitable.

Just because it’s a government owned entity, run for profit, doesn’t mean it can’t operate in wholly commercial terms.

Will the government return the years profit back to australia post?
Nah, the watches stink, you bet the jeweller was a mate of the person who chose them, and all the recipients would have preferred a raise or a cash bonus. It also looks like they were trying to use the watches to hide the bonus altogether.
A raise probably would have been most appropriate? After all, they just did their job?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
Nah, the watches stink, you bet the jeweller was a mate of the person who chose them, and all the recipients would have preferred a raise or a cash bonus. It also looks like they were trying to use the watches to hide the bonus altogether.
A raise probably would have been most appropriate? After all, they just did their job?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
I personally don't think any CEO is worth what they get paid but that's a whole another story.

'But if Holgate’s splashing out nearly $20,000 on Cartier watches for executives, $700,000 on pot plants and a $3000-a-day image consultant while cutting back on delivery services wasn’t enough, one thing in particular is fuelling anger.'

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What is it about old men and power tools? I'm just trying to have a pointless nap and every prick in my street is power tooling something! It's so much more than the usual leaf blower job

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
How much money was spent on the Gladis scandal?
“Look over here they bought watches!”
Scomo on holidays while australia burns?
“BUT THE WATCHES!”
She stood down. Good.
Why’s Gladys still have a job?

Edit: just saw Albanese’s tweet in that article @Flow-Rider. Nice.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
How much money was spent on the Gladis scandal?
“Look over here they bought watches!”
Scomo on holidays while australia burns?
“BUT THE WATCHES!”
She stood down. Good.
Why’s Gladys still have a job?

Edit: just saw Albanese’s tweet in that article @Flow-Rider. Nice.

Fucking Gladys...can't believe she is still in a job. Barry made a run for it per a bottle of wine!

slowmick

38-39"
@hifiandmtb - we had a sendle package sit on our back verandah for 2 1/2 weeks waiting for pick up. heaps of calls, are you coming to get it, yes we are. After a week and a half they refunded the money but said they would still deliver it. took them another week to come and get it. 2 days later it was at it's destination in regional Victoria safe and sound. Only 2 weeks after the birthday...

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
@hifiandmtb - we had a sendle package sit on our back verandah for 2 1/2 weeks waiting for pick up. heaps of calls, are you coming to get it, yes we are. After a week and a half they refunded the money but said they would still deliver it. took them another week to come and get it. 2 days later it was at it's destination in regional Victoria safe and sound. Only 2 weeks after the birthday...
To be fair, it probably still got there a month faster than it would have with Aus post...

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Auspost you’re express post sucks, parcel sent from Queensland to Tassies, crawled down the east coast, shot over to WA (guessing to get @pink poodle stamp of approval), back to Brisbane, now dormant for 3 days. It may have gone airmail I suppose.
Auspost has teased me with acceptable transit times for 2 weeks
Your.
That said, I express posted something to @rone from Vic to Tas. Expected a week, took 3 days to his door. Much baffle.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
telstra suck even after you leave them. Service was cancelled 1/3 of the way through a billing cycle, they tried to bill me a $300 fee for cancelling an extension i never asked for, saw or approved. Bill should be about $80, even after i confirmed they credited back to cancel date they was $300. and expect me to stay on the line for an hour while they figure it out and cannot get back to me.

Once again the telstra help line to actually get anything done is through the TIO

Ultra Lord

telstra suck even after you leave them. Service was cancelled 1/3 of the way through a billing cycle, they tried to bill me a $300 fee for cancelling an extension i never asked for, saw or approved. Bill should be about $80, even after i confirmed they credited back to cancel date they was $300. and expect me to stay on the line for an hour while they figure it out and cannot get back to me.

Once again the telstra help line to actually get anything done is through the TIO
Tell em you sold the property. Cancelled mine pretty quickly when I said I wasn’t living there anymore.

Abit late now though.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tell em you sold the property. Cancelled mine pretty quickly when I said I wasn’t living there anymore.

Abit late now though.
stupid thing is it was them who said cable was being disconnected and we're forced onto nbn, couldnt giver a date beyond some time after october 9. they then send me am ail saying thanks for signing up to 24 months of cable, the sevrice they are not offering.

Optius isnt perfect but between EPL, kayo for other sports i'm happy this should be my last interaction with telstra and foxtel, they mess something up every month. yes kayo is foxtel but its all online so I dont have to deal with their call centres or installers. Admittedly the last one was great but he was the 7th before they got it right

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You know when someone wants you to really believe that another person you both know is pretty smart, but neither of them are? Yeah I hate that.

Also I'm about to visit Centrelink...I am going to really hate that as well.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You know when someone wants you to really believe that another person you both know is pretty smart, but neither of them are? Yeah I hate that.

Also I'm about to visit Centrelink...I am going to really hate that as well.

That went swifter than I was expecting...and smoother. So smooth I feel like I've been stitched up. In 20 years time I'm expecting a "yes but in October 2020 you stopped submitting reports. We aren't going to be able to progress until you bring those up to date."

My few months involved with this department has cemented my belief that they are due for a huge cultural overhaul.

Time to celebrate with a coffee at the nearby cafe...a coffee that is guaranteed to dissapoint.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I think I walked away from Centrelink with the whole "never again" frame of mind too. And I was only ever receiving youth allowance, but it used to really fuck up being able to do more than a few hours work in addition to that. In hindsight I should have just done cash jobs, but anyway - I think I had debts that they would just take out of future payments so your payments got reduced, but then you couldn't work more to pay it off unless you worked full time to counter that, which wasn't possible when trying to study as well. No wonder I drank so much.

And then there was the amazingly dodgy deal (SFSS) they did with the commonwealth bank - giving you (teenagers / early 20s in the 90s/early 2000s) additional funds, but reducing your allowance by a heap (I think half even?) and then you got to pay it all back as a loan with interest in the years to come when you earn above a threshold. Pretty exploitative since you were not able to get a proper loan, but these were handed out with no need for guarantor signature or anything from memory. https://www.theguardian.com/austral...-under-unfair-loan-scheme-owe-government-21bn

Ultra Lord

I think I walked away from Centrelink with the whole "never again" frame of mind too. And I was only ever receiving youth allowance, but it used to really fuck up being able to do more than a few hours work in addition to that. In hindsight I should have just done cash jobs, but anyway - I think I had debts that they would just take out of future payments so your payments got reduced, but then you couldn't work more to pay it off unless you worked full time to counter that, which wasn't possible when trying to study as well. No wonder I drank so much.

And then there was the amazingly dodgy deal (SFSS) they did with the commonwealth bank - giving you (teenagers / early 20s in the 90s/early 2000s) additional funds, but reducing your allowance by a heap (I think half even?) and then you got to pay it all back as a loan with interest in the years to come when you earn above a threshold. Pretty exploitative since you were not able to get a proper loan, but these were handed out with no need for guarantor signature or anything from memory. https://www.theguardian.com/austral...-under-unfair-loan-scheme-owe-government-21bn
Similiar to how they scrapped the tools money scheme for apprentices, then gave them a 20k loan to cover living expenses paid out in instalments over the 4 year apprenticeship. Employers still get payouts when apprentices pass each year though.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ I registered with them when I first finished uni, now about 20 years ago. At the time I had worked while studying and have always been ok at saving money so they wouldn't give me any funds because I had to exhaust my savings down to a very low level before I was eligible. At the time I also had some investments and a shelf company. Naturally I figure fuck you clowns(!) purchased a new dj bike and rode everyday while also chasing work in my field of study (the ever useful bachelor of business sigh with a few little bits of fruit). I picked up a marketing role in Sydney and got on with my life. One day they sent a letter to my parents' house asking where all my reports were? I phoned them up and we resolved things over the phone.

Fast forward to a few months ago and I find myself needing their support again. When I have gone in...you bet your dick they wanted to know about all that shit from nearly 20 years ago I had forgotten about! Out come the firey hoops to jump through and eventually everything was nearly fixed. They gave me such a small amount for the covid period I wasn't working I felt like I shouldn't have bothered with all their bullshit.

now I don't need it anymore (fucking yay) and I'd like to exit their system knowing I'm not going to walk into another web of unnecessary complications if I find myself needing their assistance again. The answer? Just stop doing the reports and we will stop paying you. I couldn't get any further advice than that! Then got a I'm pretty busy so...ummmm? You're a fucking pubic servant mate, you are never busy. Anyway check back in 15 years and we shall see how this all turns out next time I need their help.