The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

Calvin27

Eats Squid
On track to hit 5200 in a year. First time hitting those numbers. Was a breezer and most years I have failed mainly because I prioritised mtb ofver road riding. But with 5km circle lockdown rules, it was quite the challenge to get the numbers. Basically required every day riding given the time and distance limitations over winter in Vic.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Every year it's the aim, every year it's far beyond the reality.
Cheers mate. Last year was the first time I cracked 10k, might make it again, might not.
I nearly made it 2 years and cracked it 2 years... maybe 2015 and 2016, one of them being 11.5k IRRC.

Since then its been down hill as the 3 wise men :rolleyes: predicted above.

Aiming to get back there... but not 2020.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Looking good for 5.5k this year. A lot of that was tough slog too, having to find motivation to jump on a bike after a long day on the tools. Covid seems to have seen everyone but me with more free time

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

I’m enjoying seeing the hours vs the actual distance - interesting stuff
I used to look at it and think why people posted low kms but high hours, MTB is the answer, freewheeling at 30kph on a roadie is much different than dirt.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Made me look. Works out to about 22.5 kmh average this year. All on an MTB, roadie hasn't come down from the shed rafters since last September

The lifetime distance started when I bought my first Garmin in March 2011. I had a about 10 years and thousands of kays on a Polar before that.

Attachments

ozzybmx

The lifetime distance started when I bought my first Garmin in March 2011. I had a about 10 years and thousands of kays on a Polar before that.
Mine was the same, I was a Strava hater... then folded. My first year was 2011-2012 but only partial year of about 5 months IRRC.

The shit I rode before then should be recorded, so much solo exploring.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I wasn't anti-Strava, more pro- riding buddy who worked in a bike shop who kept giving me his old Polars every time he upgraded. Who was I to say no?