Little Things You Hate

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I don't have an anxiety problem with crowds or anything like that, but if the crowd is too big and the background noise becomes too loud, I can't hear a fucking thing and I just sit there watching. Which gets Mrs George's anxiety up because she thinks I'm upset and not joining in, when I'm just chilling. If I concentrate really hard on one voice I can hear most of what they say.
Friggen 100%. Me in a group of 3 or 4 people having a conversation, loud or quite - no dramas. But put me in a room with lots of voices in the background and I can't hear anything from the people right next to me. The background voices are like turning the dial on an old-school radio.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Probably not a hate, but going out for tea this Saturday night with friends.
Anxiety been a constant in my life. I like the idea of catching up with friends, but in a public setting really gives me the jitters. With covid and not getting out in this sort of setting for quite a while, I guess has eased the tension and has not really been present much. I'll probably be a freaking mess come Saturday afternoon.
Not sure why I am writing about it on here. I guess seeing if any others deal with this sort of thing?
You arent alone in that. Mask up as much as you can. I struggle with trivia at our local pub and that is with generous space and solid rules. Otherwise we have stuck to a max of maybe 6 people?

I don't have an anxiety problem with crowds or anything like that, but if the crowd is too big and the background noise becomes too loud, I can't hear a fucking thing and I just sit there watching. Which gets Mrs George's anxiety up because she thinks I'm upset and not joining in, when I'm just chilling. If I concentrate really hard on one voice I can hear most of what they say.
Textbook industrial deafness, no doubt from the loud church bells when you were in training.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Ordered new sunglasses from sunglass hut (AU site). According to the DHL tracking, they are being sent from Guangzhou. For the time they're taking to arrive, I may as well have bought the aliexpress versions.

danncam

Likes Dirt
Ordered new sunglasses from sunglass hut (AU site). According to the DHL tracking, they are being sent from Guangzhou. For the time they're taking to arrive, I may as well have bought the aliexpress versions.
Do you think they could be dropshipping? Its a bit shit when you order from an AU website for the product to be sent from OS. Its a small modern con

bear the bear

Is a real bear
If they are Oakleys, that is where they are manufactured and sent from direct.
If they are custom Oakleys, depending on the model they are sent from the US.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I find great solace being anonymous in a crowd. I don't like being part of the crowd though. That's when I usually say things I'm not meant to.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Wankers who just have to go one better.

Turn up to last night's group ride on my rigid 26er expecting some kudos for sticking with everyone on their trail and enduro dual bangers.

And then someone rolls up on a rigid single speed.

And he's quicker on the climbs (not difficult to do it guess).

And he turns out to be a top bloke and looks and sounds a bit like Yoann Barelli.

All I wanted was to be the f***ing cool guy this one time...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Turn up to last night's group ride on my rigid 26er expecting some kudos for sticking with everyone on their trail and enduro dual bangers.

And he turns out to be a top bloke and looks and sounds a bit like Yoann Barelli.

In my heart you are the cool guy.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale

Not much trumps a unicycle, how's your balance?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
My recent bike bitching.........

1. Running internal cables is an exercise in time sponging frustation. You have to do it but know you it is going to grate on you big time.
  2. Replacing spokes that use Internal spoke nipples shouldn't not be attempted without the proper tool.
  3. The proper tool arrived and is the other size as you would expect.

goobags

Likes Dirt
Getting stuck at work on a Friday due to a job being delayed from a lightning storm. Then getting to the mechanic late and the car (and bike) ends up on the hoist trying to fault find a rouge code to then find out I may need a new ECU. Worst part is I didn’t get to use said bike as I was very very late for fatherly duties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Getting stuck at work on a Friday due to a job being delayed from a lightning storm. Then getting to the mechanic late and the car (and bike) ends up on the hoist trying to fault find a rouge code to then find out I may need a new ECU. Worst part is I didn’t get to use said bike as I was very very late for fatherly duties

Someone stole your number plate

goobags

Likes Dirt
What's the issue with the GTI? DiagnoseDan would know how to fix it.
Internal processor fault in the ECM combined with an impossible boost level at idle. The mechanic who is a Volkswagen guru has seen it a handful of times before but never in a MK7. I’ll take it to a stealership and see how many parts they want to throw at it for a second opinion.