Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Well, I don't have a Masters degree in Public Administration, but I feel like I can safely say that qualification in your hands is seemingly not worth the paper it's printed on, because I'm now three times explaining this to you.
The electoral college has to vote after verfying the count, and safe harbor day be reached, and then the new president confirmed by congress and inaugurated. I even gave a contemporary example of the time a president looked as if they would be elected only to have things change a month later to give a bit of context on the reality of this possibility, and gave reasoning to the different processes within that system that could end in such an outcome.

You should spend a little more time comprehending, and a little less time recycling jokes.
Repeating the electoral college process ad nauseum doesn't prove your point.

The convention has been to allow the presumptive President access to the daily intelligence briefings (the PDB) before inauguration. Clinton even did this for Bush before the SCOTUS ruling, and as everyone keeps saying that was a much closer result.

Trump could do this too. Biden presumably still has his security clearance from being VP, so there's no real risk if Biden isn't confirmed. But Trump's an unprofessional douche (technical term), so he won't. Just like you won't acknowledge Frida's importance in your life.

Oddjob

I've only ever talked about the official confirmation process in regards to you calling the election results based on the media's predictions. Not the specifics of transfer of office.

I'll repeat that in hopes that it will sink in this time. I've not made any comment on Trump's behaviour in the transfer period because we're not in the transfer period; results are still being certified. The reason I keep explaining this is because the bet conditions that you keep bringing up, and failing to understand, hinge on whether or not Trump gets a second consecutive term; and there are still very real avenues that can result in that outcome. Ergo, without an official outcome yet, the conditions have not been met.

Are you understanding what I am saying?
Its no use introducing things we've not discussed and then argue it as if I've made some claim on the subject.
We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of... what was that scarecrow? You thought you were the only straw man here? Oh no, @Zaf just rolled out another one.

But that's ok. When we meet the grand Wizard David Duke we'll ask him for two brains. One for you and one for @Zaf. Maybe we will ask for two hearts as well, Trump appears to need one too. Playing golf and sitting around with his thumb up his ass while an extra 100k die, and millions of peoples unemployment insurance runs out seems a little heartless.

Maybe we should ask for some courage for Mitch McConnell and the rest of the GOP while we're at it.

Oh Toto, I wish we could go back to Kansas, but with up to 7,000 new cases a day I think we'd be royally fucked. A bit like Eric, Don jr and the rest of the Trump brood.

Last edited:

Oddjob

You say: "Trump lost"
I say: "Officially, not yet" and provide details for the actual confirmation process of a President.
You say: "The informal process that's been followed previously is to handover and be helpful"
I say: The conditions for those processes to be met have not occurred yet, because official confirmation has not been achieved, only solid predictions of the outcome. See previous posts reitterating this exact point.
You say: "STRAWMAN!!!"

Honestly, this isn't even a heartfelt insult, you're a complete moron. You consistently fail to grasp basic concepts. You brag about your education and acehivements to try and validate how you've understood something you clearly haven't, and you fall into logical fallacies that you then accuse others of comitting.

But from the heart, you're a complete moron.
Feels bad man...

moorey

call me Mia
@Zaf you know I don’t like to nitpick, it’s not how I roll, but you often ask people to produce quotes of things you’ve said to back up claims made about your POV on matters.
The issue is, reading back on this thread after missing a chunk of the discussion lately, is that over 1/2 of your posts have been edited.
I could dismiss my perceived loathing of 29” if I was as avid a revisionist as you. Just saying is all.