What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Bought a heap of bits for it.
I'm looking at turning my Trek X-Cal 8 into more of a Roscoe 29er, so sent my credit card to CRC and bought a heap of stuff:

Was eyeing up some Hope wheels, but these were a steal and review pretty well.
Will also pick up a 10-46t cassette for the back and turn it into a 1x.
Tool kit is a Chrissy pressie from the Mrs.
Keeping an eye out for stock of 120mm Z2s - CRC have them but Cyclinic do them for $750 rather than $900+.
Will put together a PYR when I get around to putting everything together.

As an aside, I also need a workstand - are the ones you can pick up for <$100 on ebay any good?
If anyone has any 120mm boost forks, I'd be keen for a look too.

safreek

Put new brakes on this, finger got jammed in the rotor while adjusting but wasn't spinning fast enough to do damage, got off much luckier than @Dozer. It will go off to my mate who bought it this weekend, to putt around fire trails with his kids. Might be after a super heavy duty spring, mate is around 140kg, at least I know he can't break this overbuilt beast.

View attachment 369489

Put an Azonic Shorty I found recently on this, but it was too shorty, still had a fun blat around lower Stromlo after work. Looks like I've located the next size up in the Shorty but it's NOS so will be paying too much, but it will balance the bike a lot better and they just look so boss. Once the deal is done will have this rare 50mm black shorty for sale, attn @safreek ;)

View attachment 369490
You may well have my interest

Minlak

custom titis
As an aside, I also need a workstand - are the ones you can pick up for <$100 on ebay any good?
The sub $100 ones work as intended- however I see a work stand as a long term investment. I had a cheapie / Aldi special and got a slightly more expensive around $100 one and stopped using the old one - then bought a park tools one - I should have bought the park tools one in the first place and saved the initial money.
Buy a high quality one buy it once and keep it forever.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
My Santa Cruz was basically sold 3 days ago, then the bike shops closed, now the buyer is waiting till Monday till they open again as they are inspecting it and shipping it to him.

I have been riding this Nukeproof Scout with a 150mm Fox Rhythm for several weeks now... might have to go to the fuckwits thread and confess as the short wheelbase and 27.5 wheels actually feels nicer for me than 29 o_O

I have been riding 29ers since October 2009.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
My Santa Cruz was basically sold 3 days ago, then the bike shops closed, now the buyer is waiting till Monday till they open again as they are inspecting it and shipping it to him.

I have been riding this Nukeproof Scout with a 150mm Fox Rhythm for several weeks now... might have to go to the fuckwits thread and confess as the short wheelbase and 27.5 wheels actually feels nicer for me than 29 o_O

I have been riding 29ers since October 2009.

View attachment 369515
Easier to ride but slower lol

You need a mullet;)

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
1st time at Red Hill. Good times but I wouldn't say the climb up to the trail junction is a tonne of fun, especially the extra fire road bit to the very top! The tracks are a lot of fun although I struggled with the off-camber and roots on Pines and Needles; also took a horrible line at the start of Rocksalt which lead to a bucking good time.
Just missed out on 1km of elevation, but I was spent.
Had a bit of an issue with the rear brake (it wasn't doing much) which got interesting on some of the more technical and steeper bits, also lead to very sore forearms which made everything just that bit more sketchy.
Lots of people out and about.

ausdb

Being who he is
Got out for a couple of hours to Kalamunda earlier. Felt a bit easier than last time but still gassed. Not a fan of the rocky stuff but gotta learn to love it.
Brakes are getting a workout, so need to upsize my 160mm discs to 180s I think
Is it nice and loose up there now its dried out? how warm was it.

Minlak

custom titis
Sooooo Did 2 hrs on the E-Bike with a faster mate on his normal bike. We did 40kms in 2hrs with 750m elevation all at his pace and I even beat him up some hills.
This same loop used to take me about 3hrs pedalling. This is exactly why I bought the E-Bike.
Rode on Wednesday with a different mate and we are roughly the same speed so I took the Ripley.
Have such a new energy for riding again now.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Sooooo Did 2 hrs on the E-Bike with a faster mate on his normal bike. We did 40kms in 2hrs with 750m elevation all at his pace and I even beat him up some hills.
This same look used to take me about 3hrs pedalling. This is exactly why I bought the E-Bike.
Rode on Wednesday with a different mate and we are roughly the same speed so I took the Ripley.
Have such a new energy for riding again now.
An e-bike dude once told me that he now knows what it's like to ride at XC level :D, what end up being the problem with the brakes?