Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

moorey

call me Mia
You're a mod, look at the edit history. The only post I substantially editted from it's original form was in reply to rangersac because I wasn't happy with some of the phrasing and that I didn't answer all the points he had made in his reply.
If someone has quote me and then I've editted after, a discrepancy is usually pretty easy to observe, but I don't often edit something AFTER someone has replied to it in such a way, I'll use a second post to clarify or amend what needs to be addressed.
*edited

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
It's not an offence to hold an opinion and never should be.
Imagine for a second if that behaviour were not being used in circumstances favourable to your outlook, but completely against you instead; and should be immediately clear the issues around it.

EDIT:
That link is a general online archive, it's not a managed and monitored list of people who hold a dissenting political opinion.
Police and prosecutors are subject to codes of conduct and a strict process for handling, submitting and using evidence in a prosecution. I will garuantee you none of those people were on trial for their political opinions alone. Also pretty sure that if an employer that puts conditions on employment based on political opinion you will have a solid case for discrimination.
Holding an opinion in one thing. Expressing an opinion in a public forum is something entirely separate, and the expression of an opinion is potentially an unlawful offence, depending on what that opinion is (section 18C of the racial discrimination act).

Minlak

custom titis
Offered without comment.

View attachment 369553
Ok this is possibly actually maybe going to be a thing - see the chart that says Trump has more seats - that is the certified results. The certification happens when both parties sign off on the results of the states voting.
If both parties don’t sign off it’s not valid - if it’s not valid it appears the American constitution allows the College Board in that state to give the seats to whomever they decide regardless of popular vote. It has happened before in the 1700’s so ther appears to even be precedent.
TLDR : it is possible for trump to be appointed president still regardless of the vote.

@Zaf your a pooface - reading last 20 pages I thought that’s what we have to do now in the Trump thread - didn’t feel right to actually just post relevant Trump information

moorey

call me Mia
You mean like 2016?
No. Foreign interference gave him the EC then, regardless of losing the popular vote.
There is a genuine risk of states being pressured into not certifying...which Trump is working hard at. The cult runs deep.
I have a little more faith in the system working just well enough to deliver the result that people voted for.

PJO

in me vL comy
...it is possible for trump to be appointed president still regardless of the vote...
So in theory, it might be possible that a state goes against the will of it's people. The US will cease to be a functioning democracy if that happens.
What is on Biden's side is that it would require more than one state to do this (unless you think California is going to call it for Trump), it would take some coordination between states to make this happen. Don't think the college board of one state would want to be the only ones that jumped off the democracy train if every other had certified appropriately.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
No. Foreign interference gave him the EC then, regardless of losing the popular vote.
There is a genuine risk of states being pressured into not certifying...which Trump is working hard at. The cult runs deep.
I have a little more faith in the system working just well enough to deliver the result that people voted for.
I didn't think the foreign interference was related to the electoral college. I may need a light explanation?

I was just joking that he lost popular and still won the EC in 2016, not that he had played the long game and won. America's mayor will look after us all! Rudy for mayor of the world!!