Ooold moto , sweet as braa (p)

safreek

Scored this humdinger tonight, just a quick picture to get started. Obviously monsters are called for, the forks on it now are absolute classic marzocchi. Very neat old parts on it.
Shall update in the morning

Ok so forks are off and a real man's fork has been added, enter the 98/99 monster

The stem is a PZ and company, no idea who they are but it looks cool. The bars are axiom brand I guess, they also look very cool

The seat is a Tioga big bastard of some kind, people seem to list after them on the vintage sites, unfortunately this one has a small tear, but on the plus side it does have red rails

Pedal are some sort of bear trap style made by Tioga, they will stay with me forever like the synchros. I mean seriously, how cool are these pedals. Might file them sharp

Cranks are come old non hollow xt crank, might give them a bit of a clean up

Last edited:

safreek

Not sure which is moving more blood - the Z1's or the Tioga seat!
Both very good scores in the deal, dual disc mount no less. The seals are leaking a bit of oil but I'm stoked, if they were running dry the fork probably would of been fucked

safreek

It's amazing how small 26ers look compared to modern bikes.
@safreek put me in the queue if you decide to get rid of the old bombers
I think the seat makes the frame look a bit smaller as well. This will be a mad little xc weapon. Probs keeping the fork but you are not the first to ask

safreek

Yo bike so ugly, it makes blind kids cry

Yo bike so ugly, it made one direction go the other way

Yo bike so ugly, hello kitty said goodbye

...I'm sorry dude, that is not a pretty bike

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Pretty gorgeous in the industrial way. Anyway, we all different, just people like myself have fantastic taste whilst others have a warped sense of taste. As you get older you may understand;)

ausdb

Being who he is
I think the seat makes the frame look a bit smaller as well. This will be a mad little xc weapon. Probs keeping the fork but you are not the first to ask
No it's the short wheelbase, massive amount of spacers, risers and 'tiny' wheels

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ahh the old Norco VPS1, my first MTB!
I think I still have some stock linkage plates and a mech hanger + possibly pivot pins if you want them safreek.
Mine died after a shuttle Day at Long Gully. Massive crack in the monocoque between the BB and linkage pivot!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ahh the old Norco VPS1, my first MTB!
I think I still have some stock linkage plates and a mech hanger + possibly pivot pins if you want them safreek.
Mine died after a shuttle Day at Long Gully. Massive crack in the monocoque between the BB and linkage pivot!
Was yours glued together by Leon?