What does your day look like?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cheers Mick. Needed to be done, could feel burnout (not the automotive kind) approaching. Also realised I'd only taken annual leave twice (two 4-day long weekends a year apart) in the last two and a half years, so it was probably time to re-evaluate things a bit. I'll still get a bit of O/T, so I'll still be able to play bikes a little bit, just changes will be over longer (more normal) time periods. The aim is to focus more on using the bikes now, rather than just building them!
Working is for suckers. Oh wait...I'm a sucker for now.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Cheers Mick. Needed to be done, could feel burnout (not the automotive kind) approaching. Also realised I'd only taken annual leave twice (two 4-day long weekends a year apart) in the last two and a half years, so it was probably time to re-evaluate things a bit. I'll still get a bit of O/T, so I'll still be able to play bikes a little bit, just changes will be over longer (more normal) time periods. The aim is to focus more on using the bikes now, rather than just building them!
It is an easy merry-go-round to get on and not that simple to get off until the company inevitably gets sold, restructures or something else bumps you out.

I got used to not taking many long holidays when I was a contractor or you risk getting a renewal.

Cool Suzuki. Inspires me to get creative on Mrs car. The 1.6 upgrade sounds just like what it needs.

That car can park anywhere. We find spots always that most cars have to drive past. We went to Bondi last week and it was packed. Found a small spot and when we left a Fiat 500 took it. Viva the pocket car.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Cool Suzuki. Inspires me to get creative on Mrs car. The 1.6 upgrade sounds just like what it needs.

That car can park anywhere. We find spots always that most cars have to drive past. We went to Bondi last week and it was packed. Found a small spot and when we left a Fiat 500 took it. Viva the pocket car.
the 1.6 upgrade is pretty easy if you do the non EFI swap (minor mod to sump, adapter plate at the bellhousing and new engine mounts) this used to be available as a bolt on kit..
When I lived in Canberra, for a while ,all the steel bollards that the local Govt installed to stop cars driving on the bike paths and into the park areas near the lake were exactly 100mm wider than a SJ413 wide track.. ;)...........then they fixed it.:mad:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
the 1.6 upgrade is pretty easy if you do the non EFI swap (minor mod to sump, adapter plate at the bellhousing and new engine mounts) this used to be available as a bolt on kit..
When I lived in Canberra, for a while ,all the steel bollards that the local Govt installed to stop cars driving on the bike paths and into the park areas near the lake were exactly 100mm wider than a SJ413 wide track.. ;)...........then they fixed it.:mad:
But the EFI is so good! I literally had that car pointing so far up that I couldn't see anything but sky through the windscreen and had no flooding or fuel cut-off from the floats (it was pouring fuel out the filler neck breather though! haha). And in that moment on that track, anything other than keeping on motoring would've turned into something very nasty, very fast (I was lucky - I got into a very compromised position on a very steep and rocky track, and just avoided rolling it backwards - it scraped the tow receiver on a rock, and that stopped it rotating back any further and I drove it up and over the obstacle :oops:). It was a fun car to play with the limits on (as I'm sure you'd understand) but I also nearly rolled it forward, sideways, and backwards! It was only the backwards one that scared me. All the others it would've just layed over, the backwards one it would've cartwheeled...

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Think you're so tough don't you? Well, did your 4WD get nicknamed the "barbie car", have a road-runner "meep meep" horn, and make all occupants uncontactable via UHF at freeway speeds due to the flapping soft-top? I think not! :p

View attachment 369543

Too much (sketchy AF in the slightest breeze) freeway kms to drive this thing to boring Vic tracks with not many obstacles other than bogholes. That and the Zook was nowhere near road legal. It had 2" lift, 2" bodylift, extended shackles, 31" mud tyres - but oddly the 1.6L (up from 1.3, lol) conversion had been engineer approved... I'd love another one in a "long" wheelbase config, but lower and guard chopped for tyre clearance - but the prices! :eek:o_O:(

Plus I (voluntarily) killed my money tree and got another jobrole which I start very shortly, so no big spending in my immediate future unfortunately. But also less hours to be worked (hopefully), so better work life balance and I might actually get (some) time to ride my bikes in future! What a novelty! :)
So tough, much man.
Meep meep horn is hands down the best mod you did for that car. You could’ve been sooooooo obnoxious with it, I love it.
New job day is a good day. New bikes are cool and all, but riding is better. I approve.

Flow-Rider

Burner

Motec turbo 1.6 with a twincam is where it's at, the sump pans are interchangeable just need to make an oil pickup and bellhousings line up bar one bolt. I was the 3rd person in Qld to do it in the early 2000's, possibly even in Australia at the time.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not today, but yesterday...finally had time to get a banh mi! Hit up my reliable local option a d was not dissapointed. I can feel a few of you hitting the rage over my round roll. Relax they do it right but I was on the way to work and didn't want to get covered in crumbs s asked for a soft roll. I think it's my new thing though.

IMG_20201121_120102235~3.jpg

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Not today, but yesterday...finally had time to get a banh mi! Hit up my reliable local option a d was not dissapointed. I can feel a few of you hitting the rage over my round roll. Relax they do it right but I was on the way to work and didn't want to get covered in crumbs s asked for a soft roll. I think it's my new thing though.

View attachment 369563
Pate yes or no?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Absolutely. It is the glue that holds the roll together! I do think these things could use a bit of fromage as well.
That looks like a fine Banh Mi. You have to have the pate, a splash of sweet soy and few killer chilis plus coriander.

If you have a crispy pork option then go for it even or a few more $$. It is the peak of the Banh Mi mountain.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Absolutely. It is the glue that holds the roll together! I do think these things could use a bit of fromage as well.
That looks like a fine Banh Mi. You have to have the pate, a splash of sweet soy and few killer chilis plus coriander.

If you have a crispy pork option then go for it even or a few more $$. It is the peak of the Banh Mi mountain.
Looks like I am the only one that says no to pate. It is ok, I don't mind you guys being wrong.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Looks like I am the only one that says no to pate. It is ok, I don't mind you guys being wrong.
No pate? Then you are not eating a banh mi. You are eating a pork salad roll. Time to step your game up.

What I dislike is the places that think you don't need butter and pate!

Now I love pork crackle as much as any fat man, but...I don't like it on the roll.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
No pate? Then you are not eating a banh mi. You are eating a pork salad roll. Time to step your game up.

What I dislike is the places that think you don't need butter and pate!

Now I love pork crackle as much as any fat man, but...I don't like it on the roll.
I endured a million plate feast in a swish restaurant in Yokohama. It was a selection of foods from around the world. Tiny plates of stuff. Sadly 3 were pates of varying disgustingness.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I'm just here to perve at pics of Bahn mi, The ultimate fine dining experience

Used to live in Springvale, took it for granted that I could get Bahn mi at about 30 locations in a 2km radius. Moving away from that was tough to handle

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk