The QUICK question thread.....

dazz

Downhill Dazz
You don't notice the extra weight too much?

The added weight from changing out the pins is more than offset by the advertised benefits! @moorey likely has identified the these for their high-speed bearings which are of course needed when running super short crank arms (and the resulting cadence of 1200-1400 rpm). Also the advertised suitability of these pedals for 'riding more lubricated', which I assume is referring to rider inebriation? Though @moorey doesn't drink so maybe these are targeted at a different demographic.

I think I need a set.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Should I apply a bit of grease to the handlebar where it attaches to the stem? I only have marine grease on hand (not fancy white static grease)

HamboCairns

Ah well I applied a seriously minute amount to the bolt area but that's it. I'll get some Rock n Roll Red Devil or Super Coat depending on which is most suitable.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I've never used anything between handlebars and stem, perhaps the stem bolts have locktite and then torqued to spec, but nothing else. I'd use the carbon paste if anything - the Finish Line gel one is great for droppers etc.

HamboCairns

I've never used anything between handlebars and stem, perhaps the stem bolts have locktite and then torqued to spec, but nothing else. I'd use the carbon paste if anything - the Finish Line gel one is great for droppers etc.
I bought a small tube of Slickoleum apparently too.. I almost missed it in the packaging!

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Should I apply a bit of grease to the handlebar where it attaches to the stem? I only have marine grease on hand (not fancy white static grease)
Why? Grease is a lubricant. Do you want your bars to rotate?

If you have carbon bars then maybe some carbon assembly paste which increases grip in the hope that you don't have to exceed the clamping torque of your stem.

Worried about corrosion? The use some anti-seize.

HamboCairns

Why? Grease is a lubricant. Do you want your bars to rotate?

If you have carbon bars then maybe some carbon assembly paste which increases grip in the hope that you don't have to exceed the clamping torque of your stem.

Worried about corrosion? The use some anti-seize.
Ahh OK, I'm unsure where to apply this stuff so it doesn't seize or rust or creek etc.