What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
A few weeks ago, I told my 2 to stop doing bloody wheelies and concentrate on manuals.

Well, they are going pretty good with 10-15 second 'lucky' streaks.

They are too high on the bike and its inconsistent, so they asked about a manual machine.

Built this today and they started with a strap on the front wheel and chain fitted, now chainless and strapless with zero dabs on the brake.

Been on it for 3+ hours now, they reckon their best brakeless attempts are up around 30-40 seconds.

Maybe I should go down and have a few goes... don't know what state my rear wheel will be in for next ride :oops:

Picked up a few tips from YouTube and put strips of cut up tyre on the bottom as feet. Great job.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Did a youyangs trip. The loop, dam view, trilogy, rockwell, cressy and was spent. I think I stopped 10 times getting up rockwell. feel so unfit. Part of me is fantasising about an ebike now lol

Is there an easier/faster way to get up the top there rather than rockwell?
Rockwell is probably the easiest, but it's also the longest.

You could go up the fire road next to Cressy, which is probably the quickest, but it's a hard slog. Or there's the climb up trail, which is hard to even walk.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid

You could go up the fire road next to Cressy, which is probably the quickest, but it's a hard slog. Or there's the climb up trail, which is hard to even walk.
I passed that walk up trail, looks like a prime way to get got by a snake.

Looks like I'll just make the rockwell climb a project - climb without stopping.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
First trip to quarry park with the kids, was actually a cool little spot. Absolutely no grip on the trails which made it more difficult for them than I thought it would be. Eldest kid had a brilliant stack in the skills park and so didn't get much riding in. Youngest enjoyed the dirt pump track but didn't appreciate the tight turns on the descending track.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I'm a fan of climbing Rockwell because I have this 'you're on a mountain bike, ride single track' disorder, but it is time consuming, especially on multiple laps where it also gets boring. Plus, that fire road can EAD...