Newly Released Bikes General

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Instinctiv bikes, new brand from Netherlands. Looks ok but the big news is that they have engineered a trigger shifter to work with the gearbox:

I like the shifter, but I just can't stomach the look of those things. Also can't help but wonder about the longevity of the bearings/bushings in the linkage too. Seems to be a lot of components that only move a small amount. Seems like a recipe for bearing slop...

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Sure looks neat but that derailleur chain tensioner thingy will get axed on the first rock garden or log hop.
Needs a bit more thought to locate it somewhere better.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Sure looks neat but that derailleur chain tensioner thingy will get axed on the first rock garden or log hop.
Needs a bit more thought to locate it somewhere better.
A lot of people comment on that, but seems to be a non-issue in reality. It's actually a Pinion part, and the way it's sprung generally just means it lifts up out of the way if it hits something. The same unit has been on Zerodes for years now.

And anyway - unless you're regularly smashing you chainring/BB onto things you'd probably be fine regardless.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
The 2021 Ragley range will include a higher spec Big Al. I reckon I would have saved for that as apparently it comes with a Marzocci Z2 and Deore 11sp. Oh well, I'll play the long game and slowly upgrade over time!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
The 2021 Ragley range will include a higher spec Big Al. I reckon I would have saved for that as apparently it comes with a Marzocci Z2 and Deore 11sp. Oh well, I'll play the long game and slowly upgrade over time!
The key to happiness with a new bike is to stop looking at new bikes when you get your new bike.
Ride more, think less, enjoy your baby blue beastie!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
This looks like an awesome all-rounder for slightly less ridiculous dollars than average, and good spec too... (Though I'd still prefer a DPX2 ideally).
That looks great, and they've finally stopped making their bikes look like K-Mart specials. DPX2 would be nice, but 65mm stroke is pretty long for a 140mm frame so the DPS should be up to it for the vast majority of riders/contexts.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Convertible between mullet and 29er also 160mm/180mm now.

And what do you know Leo's 'beefed up' the frames now. Confident in previous design but beef it up significantly? Hmmmm.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Convertible between mullet and 29er also 160mm/180mm now.

And what do you know Leo's 'beefed up' the frames now. Confident in previous design but beef it up significantly? Hmmmm.
View attachment 371179
It’s really hard to say Leo isn’t a Kok head.