Thudbuster

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Haven't tried one since the old long-linkage ones which I wasn't much a fan of, but it was also on a mate's bike and the linkage/elastomer was also squeaky and dry so poor maintenance could have been part of the issue. I did like the old Specialized CG-R when I tried one back in the day though.

What post diameter is your bike and how much post extension have you got? If 27.2mm post and more than ~150mm extension I'd just have a go at something like a Muru post before I coughed up for a suspended option.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Haven't tried one since the old long-linkage ones which I wasn't much a fan of, but it was also on a mate's bike and the linkage/elastomer was also squeaky and dry so poor maintenance could have been part of the issue. I did like the old Specialized CG-R when I tried one back in the day though.

What post diameter is your bike and how much post extension have you got? If 27.2mm post and more than ~150mm extension I'd just have a go at something like a Muru post before I coughed up for a suspended option.
I've read that the lastest gen are pretty good. I like the idea of it soaking up some of the chatter/bumps of bad gravel roads/off road. 30.9 seatpost.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Tried them (first gen) didn't like it. Just more complexity to what should be a simple component, maybe I'm too heavy? A slightly more padded saddle (I use WTB volt) works for me and that's running alu post. Tyres make the biggest difference though.

On a side note the spesh future shock concept is pretty good and works well.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Tried them (first gen) didn't like it. Just more complexity to what should be a simple component, maybe I'm too heavy? A slightly more padded saddle (I use WTB volt) works for me and that's running alu post. Tyres make the biggest difference though.

On a side note the spesh future shock concept is pretty good and works well.
I run a volt too. Looks the bike is waaaaaaaay better than my previous Defy, so not complaints there. Yep, something like futureshock would be perfect

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
i tried one, didn’t like it - there was some inherent sag to it, and it moves you back and down, found a was reaching more -this extra reach didn’t feel comfortable, it did help with hitting things like ruts across roads, but the change in riding position was a no from me, i did try and tighten it up - this removed its flex and made it feel too stiff

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I checked it out and it's too cheap. Can't you find me something more expensive? :rolleyes:
I used to run one of these posts. Quality gear and gave decent improvement in ride quality on a hardtail - because I had a lot of post showing. On a gravel rig with longer seat tube (i.e. less seatpost showing) I reckon these flexy posts would not produce a worthwhile damping effect.