2021 Trans Tasmania Enduro

moorey

call me Mia
Camping in Lorne for a week. Can’t find any dirt single trail despite some exploring up fire roads. All ‘no bikes’ signs every walking trail.
Climbed 1000m today, nada. Hit some nasty pinches though.
KM11 was steep, badly corrugated and muddy. I miss my home trails, you gravel grinders are weird.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
@moorey drive over the back to Forrest? It’s not far... Otherwise yeah the climb up to Erskine Falls is nice on the road ;)

moorey

call me Mia
@moorey drive over the back to Forrest? It’s not far... Otherwise yeah the climb up to Erskine Falls is nice on the road ;)
Yeah, going to try to sneak off to Forrest, or catch @Kingshill at Aireys/Anglesea later in the week. Trying to do family stuff, but they know I’m not into beaches, so I’m allowed to sneak off for quick rides without rocking the boat.
Not even sure where I went today. Headed up Allendale Rd, on to Garvey track, just kept riding till I’d climbed about an hour and not found anything, and turned around. No phone reception out there, and wasn’t seeing cars, so wasn’t on a death mission.

rstim

Likes Dirt
Yeah, going to try to sneak off to Forrest, or catch @Kingshill at Aireys/Anglesea later in the week. Trying to do family stuff, but they know I’m not into beaches, so I’m allowed to sneak off for quick rides without rocking the boat.
Not even sure where I went today. Headed up Allendale Rd, on to Garvey track, just kept riding till I’d climbed about an hour and not found anything, and turned around. No phone reception out there, and wasn’t seeing cars, so wasn’t on a death mission.
Nothing on trailforks or a Strava segment search?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Hahaha! Fair crack!

I was just taking the piss, I’ve only done it on the roadie but it’s a nice climb up the main road. Yes the road down to the car park is bullshit steep. If I’d known you were actually going to do it I would have said keep going past the turnoff to the falls - the road turns to gravel just there and takes you up past the Falls Festival site and into the bush.

Good effort. Keep this up and we’ll all be looking to you for a push come November.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
NFI, I don’t use either. Everyone I talks to says there’s no trails here though.
Checkout Distillery Creek picnic ground in Aireys Inlet. currawong falls track is share use trail. The good decent is if you do the loop in an anticlockwise direction. Ironbark gorge is rideable too. Go early to avoid hikers.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Checkout Distillery Creek picnic ground in Aireys Inlet. currawong falls track is share use trail. The good decent is if you do the loop in an anticlockwise direction. Ironbark gorge is rideable too. Go early to avoid hikers.
Don’t really have the luxury of a car most of the time. Planning Aireys later in the week with a mate though.

animalman86

Likes Bikes
Move to November means the race might be on for me.

Has anyone looked into travel insurance and have any recommendations?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

kbekus

Likes Dirt
Anglesea has some pretty good tracks, both in the bush behind the BMX track and the official MTB park up the hill. Apparently the falls loop at Aireys Inlet is good but I've never done it.

moorey

call me Mia
Anglesea has some pretty good tracks, both in the bush behind the BMX track and the official MTB park up the hill. Apparently the falls loop at Aireys Inlet is good but I've never done it.
Planned to head there tomorrow...but wifey wants the car. Sigh.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I got a sneaky look at the Derby course.

Day one: Kumma Gutsa, Detonate, Upper Shearpin/23 Stitches, Trouty :eek:

Day two: Part One - 3 stages on Blue Tier:D Part two - 2 stages on Atlas, Back Dragon, Lower Air Ya Garn.

A solid couple of days there. Big thing to hit Detonate and Upper Shearpin blind

rstim

Likes Dirt

Day two: Part One - 3 stages on Blue Tier:D Part two - 2 stages on Atlas, Back Dragon, Lower Air Ya Garn.

A solid couple of days there. Big thing to hit Detonate and Upper Shearpin blind
Looks like a fun couple of days on the bike! Probably a good option to find someone who has knows the tracks and follow them if you were riding blin and at least the last day wouldn't be too much climbing.

moorey

call me Mia

Jesus....day one tracks are gnarly for an ‘optional open face’ event :oops: