Site access issues recently

moorey

call me Mia
The mod team felt that @Zaf removing posts en-masse was ripping context out of a lot of threads, some of them not at all contentious, so he was given a holiday to stem the bleeding for now.

Things did get a bit heated and personal in the Trump thread and perhaps it should have been moderated sooner.

He and I didn't always see eye-to-eye, but I'd much rather he returned to the forum than for it to end like this.
Fair call, and it’s yours to handle if you want. Do you check the emails?
I really don’t have, and don’t want a horse in the race. Just a messenger.

Minlak

custom titis
Fair call, and it’s yours to handle if you want. Do you check the emails?
I really don’t have, and don’t want a horse in the race. Just a messenger.
Just make another account and let Zaf go Moorey- wants one more alt for you?

Z

Zaf

What he said.

Edit: the reason for the ban was advised to him by the way so there was no mystery about the ban. If he plans on removing more posts the ban will be permanent.
It wasn't informed as such. There was a single pop up that said the ban was for "removing posts" and all aspects of account control stripped. I couldn't even log out of the account.

I tried contacting the mod team on two separate occasions using the "Contact Us" part of the website (using incognito) and never received reply to the enquiry. I further had @moorey (thank you for all of that!) give you guys a heads up to check the email associated with that feature of the website. Still, no reply was given.

I feel the reason for the ban was completely unjustified. The terms and conditions of use specifically distances the website from the enrolled individuals posting on it. I fail to see how I can be banned for taking control of what is my intellectual property and making decisions on where that is posted.
I don't believe your "thread context" should take priority there.

Your systems are in need of review given that the greater community was better informed about the reasons for my ban than I was, despite making efforts to enquire about it.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Any mods care to address this?
Had a guy yonks ago who posted random stuff and deleted some stuff then had a super cry at me on the forum after he mouthed off and I called him a sook. He then presented a letter (forged and fake after my friends at the FBI lab checked it) saying he was taking me to court because I called him a sook. He said in his country that name is super offensive, I was racist, I was a bigot, I was making him sad etc etc. I looked up some budget airfares for the wanker and suggested he pop back to his country where people aren't so mean on free-to-use mountain bike forums. I even offered him some of my Frequent Flyer points in attempt to sound like I gave 0.1 of a shit. I didn't. Anyway, point is; it's just a forum to talk bikes and have some fun. When things get heated or out of hand or emotional, I've told our boys that the best course of action is usually to sinbin someone and let it settle down. Sometimes the member involved gets a bit upset and wants some answers but in instances like this, it's a general thing that isn't worth putting tons of effort into for no gain.
If you see fit to trawl through a heap of your posts and delete some stuff then that puts a red flag up to us and we'll probably stop the bleeding by giving you a spell.
I don't know what more to say from the admin side, we aren't interested in complicating this thing. There isn't a golden rule book of what to do and what not to do on the forum but it is at the discretion of whichever staff member gets to it first.

To contradict my post entirely; why were you deleting your posts? We'll talk this over when we get together for donuts at smoko at our daily meeting we have. ;)