Little Things You Love

moorey

call me Mia
It’s made of mud isn’t it? I think cockies mostly enjoy cedar windows in my experience.
Straw bale walls, all the windows are cedar, but having a dog inside probably helps. She has done a ton of damage herself, biting at the window frames when we are at home if she sees a wallaby or kangaroo close to the house :(

moorey

call me Mia
It’s made of mud isn’t it? I think cockies mostly enjoy cedar windows in my experience.
Many of our doors look like this, courtesy of said dog when she was younger and gave fucks. Not going to replace until she’s gone, she still occasionally takes umbrage to a wallaby a few feet from the door separated by glass. I think they just taunt her sometimes.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I’ve doomed myself to Cockie damage now, after saying they’ve never bothered the house in 17 years, haven’t I? :(
You indeed have. A rural neighbour once came home after a holiday to find their rear cedar sliding door 'smashed' to pieces and the glass to both panels broken. Their initial thoughts were that they had been robbed but the giveaway as to the culprits was the fact that the 'robbers' took the time and effort to turn all of the wood into matchstick sized pieces instead of just smashing the window and walking straight through.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I’ve doomed myself to Cockie damage now, after saying they’ve never bothered the house in 17 years, haven’t I? :(
Maybe I misread. Are you talking about damage to the opposite side to your arse bruise pic? eg. some sort of biking 'tank-slapper', 'cockie meets stem/top-tube' or some other frontal impact?

Jpez

Down on the left!
You indeed have. A rural neighbour once came home after a holiday to find their rear cedar sliding door 'smashed' to pieces and the glass to both panels broken. Their initial thoughts were that they had been robbed but the giveaway as to the culprits was the fact that the 'robbers' took the time and effort to turn all of the wood into matchstick sized pieces instead of just smashing the window and walking straight through.
I was involved in the building of very large house in the Dandenongs years ago. Installed all the cedar windows and doors over the Thursday and Friday.
Came back on the Monday and every single one of them had been eaten and fucked by the cockies over the weekend.
It was something like 100k worth of joinery and double glazing that had to be ripped out and replaced.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
No way! Birds remember. You'll make enemies for life. Just show them the neighbours place has heaps better tasting joinery. Or thrown a bunch of seed near their back door whenever they go out.
That's why you need to go big with the murder!

My last dog caught a minor bird once...I didn't have minor birds around the house for about 18 months afterwards. Judging by the mess she really did put on a show for the other birds!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

My last dog caught a minor bird once...I didn't have minor birds around the house for about 18 months afterwards. Judging by the mess she really did put on a show for the other birds!
OoOoOoOohhh was it an Indian minor. I have dreams of shredding some of them with rock salt shotgun cartridges.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
OoOoOoOohhh was it an Indian minor. I have dreams of shredding some of them with rock salt shotgun cartridges.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
It was. I had tried a variety of harm free methods without success. They used to come into my house and get at the dogs' bowl. One day the Kerry Blue Terrier was faster than the bird.

I can't recall the cat ever catching one either.

A girl friend from many years back had a father who capped many of them with a slug gun. After he cleaned up his premises he decided to help a few neighbours out anonymously. He was so good at his new found hobby that he found himself sneaking onto their rooves while they were out to dispose of the evidence.

I don't condone such actions and am personally against fire arms, but it was amusing.

mark22

Likes Dirt

Hhmmm tis a bit true for cockys and crows in my experience.
@moorey choughs very social and funny branch hopping bird this one.

moorey

call me Mia
Hhmmm tis a bit true for cockys and crows in my experience.
@moorey choughs very social and funny branch hopping bird this one.
I love the Choughs. Super social, playful, and entertaining. They play with big pieces of bark like a kitten with a ball of string. There are 2 families of about a dozen each that share duties to look after a group of younger ones. They do all sorts of crazy dances and displays too. They are closely related to Birds of Paradise, and you can see it in their performances.