Bargain buys thread

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Speaking of bargains... How do people track prices/availability on various sites? Manually?

Anyone built a scraper to pull availability and pricing from crc/merlin/pushys/mtbdirect/etc.

moorey

call me Mia
Speaking of bargains... How do people track prices/availability on various sites? Manually?

Anyone built a scraper to pull availability and pricing from crc/merlin/pushys/mtbdirect/etc.
There used to be one...something like bikebike.com, but it died.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Frugal Rouleur used to work, it's not responding at the moment though
Kinda not surprising. I've found web scrapers pretty hard to configure. They work for a while, then stop when the site redesigns something.
Maybe I'll get bored enough searching for parts that I'll give it a crack.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Kinda not surprising. I've found web scrapers pretty hard to configure. They work for a while, then stop when the site redesigns something.
Maybe I'll get bored enough searching for parts that I'll give it a crack.
I think the other hard part for mth parts is the variation in naming protocol makes it hard to return all relevant products

Minlak

custom titis

For the most part there is only 3 or 4 sites to check for variations - then I just google the actual part and see if something happens to pop up.

I also tend to find shop "A" is dearer on part 1 but cheaper on part 2 so I tend to look at the whole package.
I also prefer to order from the big ones feels more like I will get my stuff.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Every time there's free shipping, I can't remember the small things I want to buy.

Chain checker? Chain? Brake pads? Nah it'll be fine..