What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Do you have the tyre levers ? Is it a thru axle or QR? Have you got a boot ($5 note) to put in sidewall gash? Have you got CO3 or a pump?
Tyre levers and CO2 are wrapped up along with the inner tube. I always carry a multi-tool for the front wheel, I will upgrade to a QR axle later though.

CO2 not added in that photo as it's a massive 25g bottle, I need a 16g one.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Saturday:

What was planned to be a leisurely cruise around Kurrajong turned out to be a bit of a Youies epic, with a split-second decision to try Track 1 on the Torrent (I'm finally learning to pump!), then a looong climb up the back of Great Circle Drive. Then down Junction (bypassed the black section), around Chainsaw, and down Plantation to end up completely cooked at the middle car park.

Sunday:

Had planned to head down to Forrest to check out Follow The Dog and Third Time Lucky, but yesterday's effort left me too stiff and sore to even think about riding a bike. Had a maintenance day instead. I think I've finally got the shifting sorted on the Sight (although I've said that a time or six before). New hanger, new cable, and letting the B screw out a touch to compensate for chain growth at sag has it 95% there. It needs a bit of a nudge to get up from smallest to second smallest, but I can live with that if the rest works properly.

I also took the stock bars from the Torrent and cut them down to 780 and put them on the Sight. Because, as predicted, 760 now feels way too narrow, now that I'm used to 780 on the Torrent. Now I just need to get out and ride the damn thing! I think I've only been on it twice this year so far. The Torrent is just such a versatile, low-maintenance bike to ride anywhere. I've only had it a month, and already done 300 km on it.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
While waiting for a warranty frame (and being indecisive about newbikeday) I've been throwing an old ss hardtail with dj forks down the trails. Fun times!

26 may not be ded, but it sure is killing my hands and lower back!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Did a Shuttle day out at Maldon yesterday. The rockyness is always a bit of a shock to the system. Not sure what happened with my camera settings, I think the GoPro might be possessed.
Video never does justice to how rocky and rough that place is. Was that before or after Troy bounced off his head?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Video never does justice to how rocky and rough that place is. Was that before or after Troy bounced off his head?
Hah, this was after, I forgot I had the gopro in the car so chucked it on for a couple runs. Should have filmed down the race track, but my brain wasn't keeping up with the bike and was hitting some horrible lines. Next time...

moorey

call me Mia
Yep. Top half of every track, even the smooth sections are rocky AF. Good fun, but a big day there leaves the hands and arms a bit limp.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Did a Shuttle day out at Maldon yesterday. The rockyness is always a bit of a shock to the system. Not sure what happened with my camera settings, I think the GoPro might be possessed.
Right where you have your phone mounted to your stem would be the perfect spot to mount a big booming boom speaker!

goobags

Likes Dirt
Tackled this with confidence today, yesterday it got in my head and I couldn't do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My brake levers are in a similar position and everyone always comments on them when they go for a spin or even see a photo. When I’m on other peoples bikes it feels like my wrists are bending backwards to reach the levers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Got a call from BE at midday today, warranty frame for #1 son had arrived.

They said to drop it down anytime but the earliest it could be done was wed next week.

I asked if I could do it... Stripped in 40mins and rebuilt in about 2.5 hrs as its all internal routing and the rear brake needed new barb, olive and bleed.

This colour scheme is not available in Australia as a full bike and these are the first batch of this colour available as frame only.

So instead of 50 of them with the same paint scheme Remedy 8 doing train shuttles, he'll be the only one for a while with this colour.

He also snagged a the new Deluxe select+ shock, upgrade from the select on the warrantied frame.

I didn't know how he would react to the colour scheme but he's stoked.

The other M502 rim and spokes arrive next week, then to rebuild his wheelset.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Got a call from BE at midday today, warranty frame for #1 son had arrived.

They said to drop it down anytime but the earliest it could be done was wed next week.

I asked if I could do it... Stripped in 40mins and rebuilt in about 2.5 hrs as its all internal routing and the rear brake needed new barb, olive and bleed.

This colour scheme is not available in Australia as a full bike and these are the first batch of this colour available as frame only.

So instead of 50 of them with the same paint scheme Remedy 8 doing train shuttles, he'll be the only one for a while with this colour.

He also snagged a the new Deluxe select+ shock, upgrade from the select on the warrantied frame.

I didn't know how he would react to the colour scheme but he's stoked.

The other M502 rim and spokes arrive next week, then to rebuild his wheelset.

View attachment 372152
Wife's got this colourway on her hard tail. Can vouch for how much better it is in person.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Wife's got this colourway on her hard tail. Can vouch for how much better it is in person.
Marigold to Radioactive Red Fade ;)

The Supercaliber comes in the same colour too.

I was a bit wary at first but it grew on me during the build.

#1 likes it, that's all that matters.