COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I went into Melbourne CBD for the first time in ages on Wednesday for an actual in person meeting. Had to remember how to iron a shirt again and everything.

I was pretty shocked at the lack of social distancing and just general cbf being displayed by far too many people.

I'm not sure this virus cares that people are bored of it.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I'm going to have to go get probed tomorrow morning... Felt fine before i rode in, but arrived at work and got a runny nose and felt crap, so went home. Sigh. Canberra has high levels of cbf given nothing has really happened here.

Was planning a short run home to Victoria next week. Guess thats off again.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
It took a 30 min bike ride to go from feeling fine to feeling crap?
Apparently... I didnt sleep particularly well and woke up tired, but still rode in. And a runny nose isn't unheard of after riding. Just didnt stop running, and didn't for a few hours after i came home.

Better now, just tired still - but going home from work with a runny nose and fatigue is an automatic probing!

Jpez

Down on the left!
My partner is at the supermarket just doing normal shopping and she reckons the panic buying has started already. This is why the human race is fucked. We can’t remember back to only a few months ago that we didn’t actually need a 75 pack of toilet rolls or 7 weeks worth of supplies.
she said there are so many people in there that there are no trolleys.
looneytunes.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Hey government, stop people travelling!
FIFY.

insert boring rant about hotel quarantine locations being in major population centres with staff allowed to come and go, not being paid enough and not given proper PPE and training...
FIFY.

I don't know the full solution to this but remote places, let's say a place with spread out cabins where people can be contained with outside access, where well trained and equipped staff stay on for X (let's say 21) day FIFO style shifts and are compensated adequately for it (also FIFO style) and are isolated for X days of negative testing before heading back home for X days before their next shift. If I can think of that idea why can't the people in charge?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
And when I say isolated, that's everyone from the staff providing the meals and care to the bus driver taking them there and the crew from the plane they flew in on. The system seems very half assed when this keeps happening.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yes I can ride the ss commuter.

But I want to go for a bash at the You Yangs, unfortunately I can't grip the bars with my middle finger and I don't want to prolong the healing. The less scar tissue the better
Who the fuck holds the bar with their index finger??? Are you one of those death or bust crazy bastards?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Who the fuck holds the bar with their index finger??? Are you one of those death or bust crazy bastards?

Nah, index on the brake lever. Middle, ring and little fingers on the bars.

Middle finger is still a bit mashed so that leaves only two fingers gripping the bars.

I probably could go for a mtb ride, but erring on the side of caution so I don't end up with a claw for a middle finger.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Nah, index on the brake lever. Middle, ring and little fingers on the bars.

Middle finger is still a bit mashed so that leaves only two fingers gripping the bars.

I probably could go for a mtb ride, but erring on the side of caution so I don't end up with a claw for a middle finger.
Ahhhhh thought it was the index you've smashed. My bad.