Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Norco Maniac

Is back!
@Norco Maniac as I live and breathe. Been a while.
Yes it's been way too long. Getting my business off the ground, working through post-cancer syndrome, and wrangling grandkids...my daughter with three boys is having identical twins big changes, ongoing. Currently researching popup/THOW options for their bush block as we will be needed for even more hands-on grandparenting.

moorey

call me Mia
Yes it's been way too long. Getting my business off the ground, working through post-cancer syndrome, and wrangling grandkids...daughter with three boys is having identical twins :O big changes, ongoing.
Sounds like you haven’t exactly been bored

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Never ;) hubs got his 10 years in a row SA State Title too, end of last year :) at least he's still on the bike.
Also bushfires, working through Covid...so glad to not live in a city but the plague rats fleeing Melbourne, Sydney, and now the Central Coast/Newcastle, mean that middle-class renters are increasingly homeless in my town.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
"President Trump is still liable for everything he did while he's in office, he didn't get away with anything yet."

Not really the sort of thing you'd expect to hear from someone who just acquitted him, but McConnell said that in his statement today.

I don't think they're BFFs anymore.

Minlak

custom titis
"President Trump is still liable for everything he did while he's in office, he didn't get away with anything yet."

Not really the sort of thing you'd expect to hear from someone who just acquitted him, but McConnell said that in his statement today.

I don't think they're BFFs anymore.
Lol - it’s cute you still believe in justice :)

moorey

call me Mia
Lol - it’s cute you still believe in justice :)
Trump is going to live out his years knowing he is a joke, a failure, and a national disgrace. That’s pretty good justice. That and the charges that are coming from SDNY that could ruin him financially.

Minlak

custom titis
Trump is going to live out his years knowing he is a joke, a failure, and a national disgrace. That’s pretty good justice. That and the charges that are coming from SDNY that could ruin him financially.
Lol - no - he doesn’t think any of that - he thinks he was persecuted and ripped off - and anyone that thinks different is plain wrong - you all keep trying to put emotions and thoughts that are rational into a man that is unwaveringly confident that he is always right.

moorey

call me Mia
Lol - no - he doesn’t think any of that - he thinks he was persecuted and ripped off - and anyone that thinks different is plain wrong - you all keep trying to put emotions and thoughts that are rational into a man that is unwaveringly confident that he is always right.
But he’ll be a pariah to those he most wants approval from. Not the unwashed maga, they served their purpose.

Minlak

custom titis
But he’ll be a pariah to those he most wants approval from. Not the unwashed maga, they served their purpose.
He doesn’t want approval - he gives approval - he wasn’t impeached - he will never see jail - he will never be poor - and he will never be broken

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
It’s all bravado. He know...heee knooow.
Nah, to know you are a failure you have to accept responsibility for your failings. He pathologically externalises anything negative - bad things are done to him, not by him.

Unfortunately there will always be enough people who "believe" in him in one way or another for him to be a lucrative investment for one rich asshole or other. He may lose his "legitimacy" with banks and other lenders to whom association with him could do damage, but there are enough others out there with cash and no fucks to give who will support his ongoing hubris whether that manifest in political or business/media form or other.

Aside from that I'm optimistically in agreement with your other point - hopefully some state and federal indictments will be forthcoming on other matters and one of them will stick.