What does your day look like?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Our area is late to the nbn party. Received a form letter requesting blanket access for any and all works with any and all machinery, (form letter would have been sent out to many hundreds if not thousands of property owners, keep reading). Letter has attached a standard approval form for the land owner / authorised person to sign and refers to dates on letter which on my copy were left blank. The word indict was used instead of indicate in the general blurb. Generic please contact us if you have any questions.

So I emailed them.

Please advise the dates that my blanket approval will apply to and from.
Please advise what works are required on the property.
Please advise which machines and operators will be on my property including copies of operator tickets or your confirmation that only accredited operators will access the property.
Please advise what laws my property has broken which has resulted in a United States of America court action.

Once I receive this information I will be able to review and if appropriate confirm authorisation.

I know under the Telecommunications Act they can do what they please but I really really hope they respond.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Our area is late to the nbn party. Received a form letter requesting blanket access for any and all works with any and all machinery, (form letter would have been sent out to many hundreds if not thousands of property owners, keep reading). Letter has attached a standard approval form for the land owner / authorised person to sign and refers to dates on letter which on my copy were left blank. The word indict was used instead of indicate in the general blurb. Generic please contact us if you have any questions.

So I emailed them.

Please advise the dates that my blanket approval will apply to and from.
Please advise what works are required on the property.
Please advise which machines and operators will be on my property including copies of operator tickets or your confirmation that only accredited operators will access the property.
Please advise what laws my property has broken which has resulted in a United States of America court action.

Once I receive this information I will be able to review and if appropriate confirm authorisation.

I know under the Telecommunications Act they can do what they please but I really really hope they respond.
It's not as easy as they make out because they tried this on us a few years ago, they sent legal letters threatening of court action, We only responded once with, it would devalue our property, we would counter sue for future losses and never heard back.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I had another long day of working. It Wasn't too bad but I was (as mentioned earlier elsewhere) amazed at how people just choose to ignore the social distancing covid safety, general common sense and good manners, and so on...even when they are wearing a fucking mask! The stupidity of people continues to amaze...

And Ina brief quiet spell I accidentally came into a conversation between 2 female colleagues at his point "...who cares if you don't speak the same language? He sex might be really good." I attempted to withdraw but was asked for some input. I might have to see hr this week!

I started to tell a story, realised it was not appropriate and said so. Then got the "you have to tell us now..." Which was responded to with "this is a very graphic story. I will only tell it if you understand and accept. If at any time you start to feel uncomfortable tell me immediately and I will cease the telling."

Despite stopping a few times before getting too into things, one of those people were not ready for that story!

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I had another long day of working. It Wasn't too bad but I was (as mentioned earlier elsewhere) amazed at how people just choose to ignore the social distancing covid safety, general common sense and good manners, and so on...even when they are wearing a fucking mask! The stupidity of people continues to amaze...

And Ina brief quiet spell I accidentally came into a conversation between 2 female colleagues at his point "...who cares if you don't speak the same language? He sex might be really good." I attempted to withdraw but was asked for some input. I might have to see hr this week!

I started to tell a story, realised it was not appropriate and said so. Then got the "you have to tell us now..." Which was responded to with "this is a very graphic story. I will only tell it if you understand and accept. If at any time you start to feel uncomfortable tell me immediately and I will cease the telling."

Despite stopping a few times before getting too into things, one of those people were not ready for that story!
I'm ready, do tell.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

Jpez

Down on the left!
(Last night) 30mm long whitetail spider (I don't mind most spiders and let them cohibitate with me in my house, but these can get f***ed!)
View attachment 372154
You reckon you’ve got a spider problem @beeb . Spiders in these parts are so big they monkey around on the power lines!

This garden orb spider has made a nightly home on the path to the gate. I didn’t mind for a while as it was always way above head height but shes since lowered her web so she sits a touch less than 6 foot. And she’s much bigger than she looks in the photo. I think I’m going to have to relocate her.

I’ve never seen so many spiders as this year. They are everywhere. My ute is covered in spiderwebs that just reapear after they’ve been cleaned off and jumping spiders all through the house. Must be just perfect conditions.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
You reckon you’ve got a spider problem @beeb . Spiders in these parts are so big they monkey around on the power lines!

This garden orb spider has made a nightly home on the path to the gate. I didn’t mind for a while as it was always way above head height but shes since lowered her web so she sits a touch less than 6 foot. And she’s much bigger than she looks in the photo. I think I’m going to have to relocate her.

I’ve never seen so many spiders as this year. They are everywhere. My ute is covered in spiderwebs that just reapear after they’ve been cleaned off and jumping spiders all through the house. Must be just perfect conditions.
View attachment 372367View attachment 372368
Yup, last year and this year has been crazy for spiders. We tend to get all sorts here (SA) we had a huntsman lay babies behind a wall ornament thing the wife had on the wall, it’s been binned since. Heaps of red backs and lots of garden spiders and black scary looking mofos. With kids around spiders in and around the house get flattened but if away from the house they get left alone.