Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
The only failure Trump recognises is the failure of others to do what he wants. He will still consider the election stolen and the judiciary, the senate, the everybody failed him. Not that he is an odious piece of shit that more people wanted gone than remain.

moorey

call me Mia
Nah, to know you are a failure you have to accept responsibility for your failings. He pathologically externalises anything negative - bad things are done to him, not by him.

Unfortunately there will always be enough people who "believe" in him in one way or another for him to be a lucrative investment for one rich asshole or other. He may lose his "legitimacy" with banks and other lenders to whom association with him could do damage, but there are enough others out there with cash and no fucks to give who will support his ongoing hubris whether that manifest in political or business/media form or other.

Aside from that I'm optimistically in agreement with your other point - hopefully some state and federal indictments will be forthcoming on other matters and one of them will stick.
I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Trump is going to live out his years knowing he is a joke, a failure, and a national disgrace. That’s pretty good justice. That and the charges that are coming from SDNY that could ruin him financially.
Trump displays all the classic signs and behaviours of a malignant narcissist. He will never be able to comprehend the gravity of his actions because in his little mind-bubble, everyone, the whole world, is the problem, not him.

Edit - further, Narcissists don't even have a sense that the people around them are real - they are merely actors in a play to stroke and inflate the Narcissist's ego.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Also bushfires, working through Covid...so glad to not live in a city but the plague rats fleeing Melbourne, Sydney, and now the Central Coast/Newcastle, mean that middle-class renters are increasingly homeless in my town.
What the? People fleeing the shining green future focused glorious city of Newcastle? I refuse to believe it! Ill bet they are really from one of the shit hole towns near by and too embraced to say so in fear that nobody will know where they are from and thus themselves be nobody.

Flow-Rider

Burner
What the? People fleeing the shining green future focused glorious city of Newcastle? I refuse to believe it! Ill bet they are really from one of the shit hole towns near by and too embraced to say so in fear that nobody will know where they are from and thus themselves be nobody.
This doco of a town in the US reminds me of Newcastle, even has a coal mine. So many parallels that it's scary

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Lol - it’s cute you still believe in justice :)
Justice? Kinda. I think Mitch's damning speech was more of a warning shot to Trump - comply, don't primary sitting Republicans you have grudges against or we'll start digging up your skeletons. Next to eff all chance of that happening though so have popcorn handy.

Even though he's muzzled, muted and his reputation (currently) in tatters with the corporate money hose, it's amazing that Republicans still think they can control him.

Minlak

custom titis
Justice? Kinda. I think Mitch's damning speech was more of a warning shot to Trump - comply, don't primary sitting Republicans you have grudges against or we'll start digging up your skeletons. Next to eff all chance of that happening though so have popcorn handy.

Even though he's muzzled, muted and his reputation (currently) in tatters with the corporate money hose, it's amazing that Republicans still think they can control him.
They can't dig up his skeletons with out exposing their skeletons - The entire USA system is built on who has the biggest list of Skeletons - How do you think Trump got nominated as Presidential Candidate in the first place???

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
They can't dig up his skeletons with out exposing their skeletons - The entire USA system is built on who has the biggest list of Skeletons - How do you think Trump got nominated as Presidential Candidate in the first place???
Largely by going up against the limpest group of pathetic whiny bitch candidates (with the exception of Geb Bush who was the only one who even remotely tried challenging him) and gobbling up airtime, publicity and support by saying outrageous crap.

He has to have dirt on Lindsay Graham, whether he's got dirt on the entire GOP is less certain imo given he's an outsider.