Little Things You Hate

moorey

call me Mia
Ah. Except she’s not.
Yep, not as simple as growing your hair, changing your name, and going off sportsing. She's done everything by the book, met every requirement and benchmark to ensure that the HRT hasn't left her advantaged against women in any way. I really didn't want to have this argument again, I misread NM's statement and commented accordingly.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I don't watch tv so miss some news, link? I'll google meantime.

Edit - farkin' hell. Another mediocre male cheating in sport.

And the "woke" crowd applaud them as "stunning" and "brave" ffs
Use of the term "woke" in a derogatory manner makes it super easy to know who's opinion to ignore. We can thank so called conservatives for that much at least...

moorey

call me Mia
Sorry @Norco Maniac, good to see you back, and not judging you on your opinion, I just want it clarified that I completely disagree, and erroneously took your earlier comment as being ironic and tongue in cheek. My last word on the matter......probably

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Sorry @Norco Maniac, good to see you back, and not judging you on your opinion, I just want it clarified that I completely disagree, and erroneously took your earlier comment as being ironic and tongue in cheek. My last word on the matter......probably
Agree to disagree, M. I cannot and will not ever approve of men barging their way into women's sports and female-only spaces, regardless of how much makeup they wear.

I give you "Gabi" Garcia as a prime example.

Attachments

moorey

call me Mia
I don't believe that is a typical case...because there's no such thing as a typical case. I also have no idea who that is, and I think it's irrelevant.
I'm certainly not about to speak for anyone directly involved in this issue, but of a couple of people I have known personally, they have not have had any intention to gain anything whatsoever from gender reassignment other than becoming the gender they believe they are. For someone to be accepted into competition, it is a process that takes many years to satisfy the sporting body that there is absolutely no physical gain they will achieve. I'm yet to see someone blitz the field afterwards, but I follow sportsing as closely as I follow beef prices.

moorey

call me Mia
Ok, I googled her...she's a woman, competing against women, yeah? Wikipedia makes no mention that she's transgender, am I missing something?
This is the only dirt on her I can see.
Garcia's results from the 2013 IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championships (IBJJF) were automatically disqualified when she tested positive for the fertility drug Clomiphene, which is on the USADA banned list. After a case review, Garcia was found to have not been at fault for the positive test—no suspension was given

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Getting into the car this morning, pull out of the driveway and notice a pair of gangly legs moving across the top of my windscreen. Quick flick with the hand, yup it's inside. Yup it's just ran under my roof lining. 20minute drive to work constantly waiting for mr or Mrs huntsman to drop on my face. Got to work and lured it out with the air gun. Caught it with my coffee cup and let it run up a tree.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Garcia is a man. It takes a bit to dig for it, but it's there.
Sorry but at this point you're just policing body standards based on your own prejudices, and using transphobia as a shield. Trans women are women. Muscular women are women. Women with elevated testosterone for any of a number of reasons are women. Garcia is a woman. Semenya is a woman. Weatherly is a woman.

Stop misgendering people and trying to justify it under some facade of "fairness". Not only is it cruel, it's been debunked a thousand times.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Getting into the car this morning, pull out of the driveway and notice a pair of gangly legs moving across the top of my windscreen. Quick flick with the hand, yup it's inside. Yup it's just ran under my roof lining. 20minute drive to work constantly waiting for mr or Mrs huntsman to drop on my face. Got to work and lured it out with the air gun. Caught it with my coffee cup and let it run up a tree.
Honestly, I would have called in sick.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
This is a really difficult issue. I used to help coach special olympians and it was such a great thing. The guys were the nicest friendliest bunch of people and because there were multiple categories everyone was treated fairly and everyone had a chance and a red hot go. I know nothing of the processes surrounding transgeneder but perhaps the same approach needs to be taken? To be complete as a wombat then you must pass the tests as a wombat. If this is already covered then I have even less than usual to say.