COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
After a quick post-work ride at my closest mountain yesterday, I swung past the shops on the way home to grab a couple pizzas...There was a woman pushing two fully loaded trolleys out of the supermarket, with at least 2 bulk packs of TP, She must be planning a lot of shitting in 5 days.. I couldnt beleive the amount of cars leaving Melbourne en masse, assumingly to a 5km lockdown in the middle of nowhere fully loaded with camping/fishing/zombie apocalypse supplies.
Also passed an impromptu Wedding in a park at Macedon around 7pm which I kind of sympathised with, they probably had it locked in for the weekend and the sudden lockdown put a quick stop to that.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I live in a highly Chinese area. Traffic yesterday was nuts, it seemed everyone was out in their cars, getting one thing or another. I had pre-ordered duck so popped in and picked it up, the line for walk ins however was astronomical, 30 minute wait just for some duck. Presumably everyone had brought foward their chinese new year dinners. Then add to this some poor boke was operating out of a van frantically trying to sell his stack of roses. Funny thing was bloke, who obviously were going to wing it last minute, piling in, absolute chaos. The fish mongers had sold out by 3pm. My fatal mistake was to drop into bunnings at 4-m and that was a horrific site.

If there ever is a apocalypse, I'm heading into mitre 10

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
woman i bumped into at bacchus marsh said aldi caroline springs was stripped bare with what’s of announcement, and that people were literally running from their cars into the store toilet paper, salads all meat, bread all gone
i'm with dan, ban all capital letters
woman i bumped into at bacchus marsh said aldi caroline springs was stripped bare with what’s of announcement, and that people were literally running from their cars into the store toilet paper, salads all meat, bread all gone
im with dan, say no to capitals

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's so good to be able to get out and do things again.

Fuck me people are oblivious! I even had an older gent et shitty about signing in this morning.

We aren't criminals.

Fuck mate I'm just doing my job and if you won't sign in for me without making a hassle you can fuck off and spend your $5 elsewhere. I've got a line of people wanting to do the right thing that is a few hundred people deep and no time for you idiotic shit.

Norco Maniac

Is back!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
All day at work yesterday I heard "we're gonna be in lockdown until the 26th!" Four different people, all of whom I'd clearly given too much credit for being intelligent. I'd been seeing the news stories on how it's acting as predicted, mostly contained to the metro area, and looking reasonable for coming out of lock down on Thursday. I pressed them on where they found this "fact", the answer was "on the DHHS website"

I found a few moments to look myself, and buried deep in the updates section of the DHHS it states the State of Emergency has been extended until the 26th of Feb.

Two very different events, morons.

/rant

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
All day at work yesterday I heard "we're gonna be in lockdown until the 26th!" Four different people, all of whom I'd clearly given too much credit for being intelligent. I'd been seeing the news stories on how it's acting as predicted, mostly contained to the metro area, and looking reasonable for coming out of lock down on Thursday. I pressed them on where they found this "fact", the answer was "on the DHHS website"

I found a few moments to look myself, and buried deep in the updates section of the DHHS it states the State of Emergency has been extended until the 26th of Feb.

/rant
Yeah, there has been a few people goi g on about that at work too.

But as you stated, it is for the state of emergency extension.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out

/rant
Yeah, there has been a few people goi g on about that at work too.

But as you stated, it is for the state of emergency extension.
Looks like the leader of the opposition has also jumped on the bandwagon.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Looks like the leader of the opposition has also jumped on the bandwagon.

View attachment 372449
Stupid people. I've even had to explain this to multiple family members today!

That's the state of emergency!!! Nothing to do with lockdown! And yes that date will be extended again! Just like it has been multiple times since the first restrictions were put in place!