The QUICK question thread.....

I've had the same dropper pouter on my bike it's whole life...but 3 inner cables.

Make sure you lube everything as you go as well.

Could possibly go in one of the drive train threads, but...

I'm getting a crunching sound coming from the drivetrain when pedalling especially in the easier gears when spinning up a hill.
Having a look at it on the stand, it looks like the chain is getting hung up/sticking at the bottom of the crank on each revolution.
Crankset is a raceface, cassette/derailleur is Shimano 12 spd and chain seems to Shimano HG.
Wrong chain? Cranks and cassette don't play nice? Something else?

Could possibly go in one of the drive train threads, but...

I'm getting a crunching sound coming from the drivetrain when pedalling especially in the easier gears when spinning up a hill.
Having a look at it on the stand, it looks like the chain is getting hung up/sticking at the bottom of the crank on each revolution.
Crankset is a raceface, cassette/derailleur is Shimano 12 spd and chain seems to Shimano HG.
Wrong chain? Cranks and cassette don't play nice? Something else?
Chain suck, something is worn or miss matched, There's a difference between 12speed hyperglide and the old HG-x chains too.

It is an easy and inexpensive task...so why not? But like I said, if the outer cable is in reasonable condition it won't matter.

Last silly question - can I pull the cable through from the shifter or should I remove the outer cable from the frame first?

Last silly question - can I pull the cable through from the shifter or should I remove the outer cable from the frame first?
Careful saying silly things like last silly question.

Leave the outer on the bike and just feed it through, I put a glob of grease between my fingers and lube the cable as I'm feeding it into the outer.

Back