What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
I’d still like to know the answer to this debate.

“Wahoo had a distance of 13.26km while Garmin was 15.22km”

How far it is?

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas

How far it is?
Children have it easy these days, 100 years ago you'd have to work that out with a pencil and a piece of string.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt

How far it is?
Sorry, I couldn't find where I've done a single loop without com games, I'll hit that every time.
Single with com games is about 22km. I'd go with your gamin distance.

This should give you an idea of how far out the elevation was, took me 50km to crack 1000m around there.
Which was 2 full laps including com games, and an extra dog pound lap.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Windiest night ever. Did a dark bush loop after dinner. Was scared AF of falling trees but a shithouse week of cold and heavy rain coming.
Yeah super blowy for sure, and yes when I saw the forecast, I knew I had to ride today. It wasn’t so bad in the trees, although you could hear it overhead… but when I got back to the damn wall… phark was it blowing. All the walking dudes had horizontal scarves.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
The Atherton Tablelands is amazing. We have never ridden there, and only cruised it in a hire car... but it is like instantly stepping out of the tropics and travelling rural Vic.
Yeah, that was weird for sure. The Atherton trails could be any box ironbark forest around Bendigo were in not for the humidity and fern things.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Just got an email to say my Burgtec oval chainring is in stock!

Also I've decided on the Race Face T2 tailgate pad. I like the cinch design for the top of the tailgate and the padded down tube separators on the back.

rstim

Likes Dirt
Well, don't worry, Team Sky will be ripping up the contract, for sure...

Today, I worked through lunch to get some free time this avo to ride Lysty, the first time in ages. Perfect day, perfect trails, didn't see another rider out there.

To the crux of the matter... I ran Wahoo on my iPhone SE with a Wahoo HR chest-strap and also wore my new Garmin Forerunner 45, to see what was going on.

Wahoo had me climbing 1418m while the Garmin was 243m
Wahoo had a distance of 13.26km while Garmin was 15.22km
Wahoo average speed was 11.3kph while Garmin was 13.3kph
Wahoo top speed was 42.8kph while Garmin was 34.7kph

The Garmin was configured to upload to Strava automatically, so it likely got there first, but after I got rid of gloves and fumbled for my phone to stop the Wahoo, which with the same issue at the start of the ride, would account for the time difference, I then uploaded Wahoo to Strava... which seemed to be clever enough to not display it twice... and seemed to go more closely with the Garmin numbers.

Anyway, I'm fairly certain, there will be someone on here who has tracked a standard no extra bits lap of Lysterfield... I'm hoping. That way I will be able to corroborate which device is correct. Even though I already know the Wahoo elevation gain is BS.

Here's some screen grabs... Strava first, then Wahoo, then Garmin...

So yes, hangs head in shame... and looks at ebike catalogues... er, no chance.

View attachment 376289

View attachment 376292

View attachment 376293

View attachment 376294

View attachment 376295
You can correct your elevation data in Strava after you have uploaded a ride. Press on 3 dots in the top corner and an adjust elevation option should be available uses Strava basemap data to correct elevation if it seems off, you can also change it back afterwards should you want to.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I often check my rides against a much faster mate of mine when we ride together. Both of our iPhone Strava s always say the same or very close to it. . And because we know the places we ride pretty well I’m usually certain that the times or elevation are correct or close or at least giving me the reading it always does.
Only once or twice has it given cuckoo readings. So I’m pretty confident that my iPhone gives me consistent readings. All those wack elevations from the different devices is weird.

moorey

call me Mia
Only once or twice has it given cuckoo readings. So I’m pretty confident that my iPhone gives me consistent readings. All those wack elevations from the different devices is weird.
It's always correct after I close and reopen. It must need to do that to recalibrate/sync or summink. Again, it's only runkeeper. Have never used Strava and the likes.