Little Things You Love

moorey

call me Mia
$3.5k is pushing it (esp. with what looks like a Shimano 600 grouppo) but those are highly sought after collectables these days. And yes, they are still the kings of technicolour fades!
The vintage bike ‘investment’ bubble is going to burst harder than Bitcoin very soon.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
The vintage bike ‘investment’ bubble is going to burst harder than Bitcoin very soon.
Yeah, I agree to a point but I'm not sure how much of it is about "investment" though to be honest. Mostly I think it's just nostalgia and people wanting to buy bikes that they couldn't afford back in the day.

In road bikes in particular it's quite different because you can buy a 20 year-old Klein like above (or CAAD, etc) and still ride it without it just being for novelty. Hell, with threaded BBs and rim brakes, you can put a full 2021-spec build on a 20+yo frame and have a sick bike with character that isn't dramatically out of date like a MTB of comparable age would be.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Hit stop at the first “yew”… Why did mountain biking get taken over by bogan fuckwits…?
to level the playing field on the enormous amounts of self righteous wanker public servants that now also ride Emteebee's!
I would love to hear what @chimpy has to say about the likes of people like you @Haakon...Lake Mac Jack is one of the most humble guys you could ever meet, Rock On JM!

Last edited: