Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I liked Manhattan and neighbouring boroughs. Had a lot of fun. Metropolitan museum is stunning too. There, Baton Rouge and Boston. The other places could just disappear.
Did a course in Baton Rouge a few years ago. It’s a fun wee spot! Think I’d be dead within a year of a coronary if I had to live there though. Fuck there’s some good eating to be had!

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks like charges have been filed against trump org and its CEO. Fingers crossed the ball has begun rolling...

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Looks like charges have been filed against trump org and its CEO. Fingers crossed the ball has begun rolling...
Great huh? He's pretty firmly welded to the Trump camp so it'll be difficult to pry him off (he may even take a jail term over turning on the orange toddler).

However Trump's two idiot sons are also on the board and helped "run" the Trump organisation after daddy became President. If they get indicted....

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Some interesting narrative around this on Preet Bharara's podcast - the investigation around Weisselberg and Calamari has been relating to personal tax avoidance matters around improper declaration of fringe benefits etc.. Indicating that prosecutors have been looking for leverage on the individuals to help roll them up on Trump/TrumpCo, but also noting that it's peculiar that the individual cases aren't materially linked to the substantive investigation into the organisation.

So, let's see how it plays out. Hopefully there are some results beyond a couple of senior execs facing personal income tax proceedings.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
If they get indicted....
.... they'll roll over on him.

But he'll throw them on the pyre, with the rest of the fuckwits who lobbed in with him.

At the end of the day, Ivanka has her bases pretty well covered up, and she's the only one he wants to fuck...I mean, cares about.

Say what you will about the idiot, but he has an uncanny knack for attracting morons willing to be his sacrificial lambs

it's a nice bridge...

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
So, let's see how it plays out. Hopefully there are some results beyond a couple of senior execs facing personal income tax proceedings.
Yeah definitely, except Cohen said (under oath) that he and Weisselberg routinely did multiple dodgys involving tax reduction and property evaluations etc. Fingers crossed.
At the end of the day, Ivanka has her bases pretty well covered up, and she's the only one he wants to fuck...I mean, cares about.
Yeah her and Jared have been putting a fair bit of distance between themselves and the toddler recently. Maybe they know what's coming...

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge

Taking trolling to the next level!
Prolly a Trump Org subsidiary marketing firm, running with one of their boss's genius ideas....

For a group that claim to be all about security, the right-wingnuts don't appear to be very good at it.

To be fair though, the hacker isn't too switched on either, massively missed opportunity for fun and games.

it's a nice bridge...