TRP brake set up.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Is anyone running TRP brakes with a shifter adapter?
I’ve got some TRP Gspec DH brakes with a Sram shifter. The matchmaker I hade on my Codes put the shifter bracket to the right or outboard side of the brake clamp. The TRP adapter puts the shifter bracket to the left side or inboard side of the brake clamp. About 20mm further in than where it was previously.
so with the brake lever set comfy I can barely reach the shifter and I’ve got big hands.
I feel like I’m missing something here and I’ll have yet another entry on the fuckwits thread.

Go

Likes Dirt
Looks like you can slide the shifter out by bolting it on a different position

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Sorry, no idea about your actual issue... But would you have a bit of a review about these brakes?

How long have you run them? Installation ease? Pads? What did you run before (besides codes)? How do they compare? Are you running the recommended thicker rotors?

Anyway, good luck with your lever problems! Hopefully someone can help. :p

Go

Likes Dirt
If that fails, can you switch sides on the adaptors?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Looks like you can slide the shifter out by bolting it on a different position

It’s already on the hole that gives me the most reach.
If that fails, can you switch sides on the adaptors?

Unfortunately the adapter will only work in this configuration from what I can see.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Sorry, no idea about your actual issue... But would you have a bit of a review about these brakes?

How long have you run them? Installation ease? Pads? What did you run before (besides codes)? How do they compare? Are you running the recommended thicker rotors?

Anyway, good luck with your lever problems! Hopefully someone can help. :p
I’ll get back to you in about a month when my new frame arrives. It’s arrived in Scotland and will supposedly be on their way to Australia next week.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey mate I'm running some TRP's and have the same issue but with the dropper lever. I can't find any adaptor that will get the thing where I want it. I tried a whole heap of things but no joy. No one is make adaptors for TRP yet that I've been able to find. Let me know if you find something and I'll do the same.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Hey mate I'm running some TRP's and have the same issue but with the dropper lever. I can't find any adaptor that will get the thing where I want it. I tried a whole heap of things but no joy. No one is make adaptors for TRP yet that I've been able to find. Let me know if you find something and I'll do the same.
Thats right. I knew someone here was also running TRP,s.
I’ve only got the adapter for the shifter currently but looking at the dropper it should actually work for me with the adapter. If you have the LH adapter for the dropper but aren’t using it I’ll buy it from you.
The shifter on the other hand is a no way. The only way to make the shifter comfortable is to run the brake lever almost hard up against the grip which means 2 finger pull which is not ok. Think I’m just going to have to run a bracket for the shifter. Not the end of the world but annoying.
Ive sent an email and pics off to TRP and will see what they say. Will let you know if they have a solution.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I guess TRP might have a Special '@Jpez like his brakes like this' mount laying around...keep us posted
I’m hoping they’ll come back and say something like” we don’t advertise this but if you use the Shimano i spec I version 2 pre 2011to ev to b post 2019 to a b II spec mount“ then you should be golden.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Are you saying if there was another hole further to the right in @Go pic it would be better? Can you take that bar off and show us what it looks like, maybe possible to make something?

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I’m hoping they’ll come back and say something like” we don’t advertise this but if you use the Shimano i spec I version 2 pre 2011to ev to b post 2019 to a b II spec mount“ then you should be golden.
was just wondering if shimano adapter fit. Looks a bit lit it’s iSpec a or b though. Could you write to problem solver and ask them?

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you have the LH adapter for the dropper but aren’t using it I’ll buy it from you.
Sorry mate, sent it back. I even tried a shifter adaptor for a 2x set up I found online somewhere and no joy either. I'm always on the look out though. Have you chekced Wolftooth? They have an arse load of different adaptors. I tried them for the dropper and even emailed em but they came back and said they had nothing yet. But they may have something for you. Check this out. Even though it's wolftooth you may be able to adapt the adaptor somehow!

WolfTooth

Cheers Scott.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Are you saying if there was another hole further to the right in @Go pic it would be better? Can you take that bar off and show us what it looks like, maybe possible to make something?
yep. It would move the shifter further over to the grip. Could maybe make something up and I might give that some thought but will likely just settle on a shifter clamp.
was just wondering if shimano adapter fit. Looks a bit lit it’s iSpec a or b though. Could you write to problem solver and ask them?
Possibly. But as in these pics from @EsPeGe woolftooth link the adapters for the TRP and even the Shimano I spec2 I think by the looks of it exit on the inboard/left side of the bracket whereas the Sram ones sit outboard/right. I think the combination of the Trp lever blade being quite long and the adapter sitting to the left of the bracket means it just give me a suboptimal set up for my liking.
Will have a look at problem solvers though. Thanks for the tip.

Scotty675

Cable thief
No help with TRP set up as mine are still sitting on the shelf.
I did however have this issue with cura 4s. I bought a pair of there match makers and couldn’t get positioning right even swapping sides (left on right etc).
In the end I bought a bar mount shifter and another dropper lever. I was running shimano ev for both.
I’m not up with sram stuff so not sure if they offer this option, but I have bought the bar clamp and top cover for Xtr shifter to future proof if this happens again. Not cheep at $60 but cheaper than a new shifter at $190. I found one on eBay. I’ve found if you search eBay for something long enough and keep coming back to search they will send a discount code eventually.
The other option is scrap the idea and sell me your brakes

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Having the same issue with my build, cockpit set up currently is no matchmaker and just having the shifter running outside of the brakes, which looks weird but I'll be okay.

Shop says a proper ergonomic matchmaker is available for TRPs, I'll ask what the brand is.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Having the same issue with my build, cockpit set up currently is no matchmaker and just having the shifter running outside of the brakes, which looks weird but I'll be okay.

Shop says a proper ergonomic matchmaker is available for TRPs, I'll ask what the brand is.
Definitely let me know if you find something.

Jpez

Down on the left!
So anyone interested TRP replied to me and said they agreed that their adapter was not fantastic and they are working on a more ergonomic one. Pretty impressed with that response.
looked at some likely Wolftooth adapters and even found a no name brand one on eBay that looks possible so might buy a couple as they are cheap and see if I can modify them to work.

smasher29er

Likes Bikes
With my TRP's I also settled on just getting bar clamps. I might have a look to see what old adaptors I have and if anyone wants to try them, I would be happy to sell and ship. I never posted them for sale because I didnt think anyone would ever need them, turns out its common issue.