Little Things You Hate

moorey

call me Mia
LTIH. Selling shit on FB.
I’ve got my GG megatrail on FB market place
So far I’ve had

Person1. wants to just buy the shock only. Not too bad. Fair question but no chance unless someone wants the frame without a shock.

person 2. Offered less than half what I am asking. I said I’m negotiable and am starting a bit higher for that reason. He said it’s been up for ages(3 hours) and that proves nobody will buy it so may as well take his awesome offer. He’s doing me a favour.

Person 3. Asked in all seriousness if I’d swap it for a Norco Fluid fs3. 2018. Again I wasn’t polite but asked him why I’d want to swap a high end Boutique bike for the lowest spec 99 bikes .
I think the vast majority of people out there have absolutely no clue what the bloody thing is.
Absolutely dying to see what amazing offers come into today
I feel your pain, and dread it myself. Would rather offer things cheaper on here, but they just don't sell.
The ratio of intelligent questions/offers to lowballing dickheads/scammers/accidental 'is this available' is about 65:1 in my experience.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I've had varied success selling stuff on FB Marketplace, I sold my Suntour cranks pretty quickly, and my son's bike.

I still have an EVOC Enduro backpack listed here and FB that have had nary a sniff.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's just plain fucking ugly.

But what's really pissing me off right now is the auto-save on post drafts on here. Closely tied in with an overly sensitive touch screen that decides to quote a random post when I'm scrolling through. I've lost count of the number of times I've deleted the same unintended draft reply just today; the fucking zombie thing comes back every time I come back to that thread.
Yes. This is annoying. Have you experienced it when you come back to a thread days or weeks later? It's rather confusing.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I feel your pain, and dread it myself. Would rather offer things cheaper on here, but they just don't sell.
The ratio of intelligent questions/offers to lowballing dickheads/scammers/accidental 'is this available' is about 65:1 in my experience.
Yeah I’m usually happy to take a massive hit selling stuff here plus I’m happy to give mates rates to even burners I don’t know.
I quite often sell stuff way below on market place to minimise the nightmare.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
I have had better luck with Gumtree in the past - less dickheads. Whether it is still better than FB now, I don't know. I sell roadie stuff there and most were pretty much decent buyers who know their stuff. Generally, stuff that don't sell here after a long time, I put on Gumtree.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
That's just plain fucking ugly.

But what's really pissing me off right now is the auto-save on post drafts on here. Closely tied in with an overly sensitive touch screen that decides to quote a random post when I'm scrolling through. I've lost count of the number of times I've deleted the same unintended draft reply just today; the fucking zombie thing comes back every time I come back to that thread.
I find if you delete all the text first and then select "Delete draft" it keeps the zombie hoard at bay.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
It looks like the answer to a question that nobody asked…
I will sheepishly put up my hand to say that that seatpost might help me fit my Niner RLT frame a bit better. Picked it up from a Burner some years ago knowing it was slightly too long in the reach for me...and it still is.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
person 2. Offered less than half what I am asking. I said I’m negotiable and am starting a bit higher for that reason. He said it’s been up for ages(3 hours) and that proves nobody will buy it so may as well take his awesome offer. He’s doing me a favour.
There is not enough vitriol in the word to describe how much I despise seeing that. "Mate u shuld take this much instead thats (sic) still a gud deal 4 u"

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah I’m usually happy to take a massive hit selling stuff here plus I’m happy to give mates rates to even burners I don’t know.
I quite often sell stuff way below on market place to minimise the nightmare.
The thing stopping me from selling cheap/donating on FB, is knowing that 90% of the time, the chunts are flipping with an added covid tax.
Also, the constant streams of morons who don’t read the ad at all. This just today.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I have had better luck with Gumtree in the past - less dickheads. Whether it is still better than FB now, I don't know. I sell roadie stuff there and most were pretty much decent buyers who know their stuff. Generally, stuff that don't sell here after a long time, I put on Gumtree.
Gumtree has probably the same ratio of dickheads / morons but at least their average age is higher than facebook, making them more reasonable morons.