What does your day look like?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
When you tank that bathroom, use a PVC membrane system, then cement board then a conventional waterproofing application!

Image from their website, I did the same with our two shower cubicles.

You can never have an over-engineered waterproofing installation.
I'm getting a "Dexter" vibe here

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Did the last builder have a party when the 4th wall met the 1st wall? Find a corner spa with 1 supported joist under it? Black mould?

My mate is renovating his bathroom. JFC. Things were out by 50-60mm in every direction. Had to hack the joists and studs back 1/3rd depth and bolt new studs and joists on. Really is easy these days with lasers. We were within 1-2mm everywhere once done, and no floor spring. Between pine not being the grade it’s stamped, and spans too far, 20-30 year old buildings are full of challenges. Next dude, hopefully in a long time will be left wondering what asshole used batons screws everywhere.

One of the tips I picked up from an old dude, use two different colour waterproofing, then you can see where each coat is and isn’t.

Sadly I fucked up and didn’t get a single photo.
I dunno man I am just destoyin stuff because the floor turned to weetbix. The whole house is on the piss so no surprise the walls were all out anyway.
Builder is in today so we will get the walls and floor sorted. I like the 2 waterproofing colours, great idea.
When you tank that bathroom, use a PVC membrane system, then cement board then a conventional waterproofing application!

I like this, genius. Fortunately most new showers now in Nz use an acrylic liner which provides another barrier against leaks

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
That looks like its meant to be occupied by hobbits.
It is a hobbit hole but can't do much about it. The foundations are built up between the brick supports so even if I did dig it out, there would be 'walls' to climb over.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Yesterday.. but sitting at work today bored thought I'd post. Popped a floor and wall in the back of the bus. Going back tomorrow to finish up the doors and frame out the rest of the floor. Almost time to move in. Trying not to spend too much money so we have savings left for the tiny house (bus was an unexpected bonus and not suitable for long term.)

mark22

Likes Dirt

Never seen this used. Isn't the PVC membrane going to be penetrated by the sheet fixings?

In my experience the key is to tape all the corners of the sheeting/floor with the appropriate cloth tape recommended by the waterproof membrane manufacturer and it's all good.
Ya paint the joints wih the membrane apply the tape then paint over the whole shebang then another coat next day.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Scree the shower floor (no fixings), install the cement board & don't use any fixings below 300mm (IIRC), then waterproof membrane the entire lot.

Belts & braces.

ozzybmx

Fed up with the pooling water and pumping it out.

Deemed an emergency by moi, went to the sand and metal place for 500kg of blue metal (grey stones).

Sunk an 18" bucket, bolted a couple of metal rods to the bucket to stop it being lifted out, drilled holes all around it.

Put down weed mat to stop the stones sinking and mud coming through, 500kg of stones, now have an automatic sump pump to pump the ground water out.

Need about another ~250kg but thats for after lockdown.

The bike dungeon is now useable again

Beer o'clock :)

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.

Deemed an emergency by moi, went to the sand and metal place for 500kg of blue metal (grey stones).

Sunk an 18" bucket, bolted a couple of metal rods to the bucket to stop it being lifted out, drilled holes all around it.

Put down weed mat to stop the stones sinking and mud coming through, 500kg of stones, now have an automatic sump pump to pump the ground water out.

View attachment 378015

View attachment 378014
That’s the perfect hydro dungeon now.

tobbogonist

a registered member

View attachment 378015

View attachment 378014
That's a huge job. What pump did you go with? Who's toes are those?

ozzybmx

That's a huge job. What pump did you go with? Who's toes are those?
Those are my 2 helpers, who actually did help today.

3yr warranty :p:p:p If I had to replace it myself at $69 anytime after that, I won't care.

Mattyp

Cows go boing

3yr warranty :p:p:p If I had to replace it myself at $69 anytime after that, I won't care.

I put one of those ozito's in as a temporary fix in a sump pit on a job like 5 years ago, it works a few times everyday...still going.

ozzybmx

I put one of those ozito's in as a temporary fix in a sump pit on a job like 5 years ago, it works a few times everyday...still going.
Awesome ! Mine will be dry for 9 months of the year, if I get 5 years out of it I'll be stoked.

tobbogonist

a registered member

No home school on a Saturday haha.
I used one for 16 months with no problems. Running a 12 v ozito pump for water at the moment and works a treat.