Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I've got a bike all ready to go up for sale as we speak. Cleaned, serviced(ish), photos taken but I'm still waiting for the extra patience required to deal with every <redacted> that's going to be offering me $12.50 and a piece of paper with penises drawn on it.

Question: is responding with "your mum" a respectable and mature response to "wots the lowest ull go" queries?
Get pics and STI test of the mum first. They might say "ok".

nathanm

Eats Squid
No they won’t. They’ll be getting offers for beat up pit bikes, will you take $50 bro( serious) question. Will you sell the front axle mines broke, will take trade me old couch it’s only got a few cum stains and there might even be som pot down behind the cushions etc etc.
They’ll be coming in thick n fast. Just not for an Enduro or DH bike.
I got this a couple of days ago for my GG.
View attachment 378213
That's not how you negotiate, let me demonstrate.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Not so much Douche, maybe he knows what he is doing but I cant think any welding on a double cut alu frame is going to last. Maybe put inserts in... I am no expert but wouldn't be putting my kids on a cut'n'shut.

Also looks like chop'n'shut is interested in a new venture :oops:

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Question: is responding with "your mum" a respectable and mature response to "wots the lowest ull go" queries?
My last marketplace listing (non bike related) i was tempted to be this way, but resisted. Ended up getting asking price (was over 1k) despite really wanting to stick it to this guy after a long day of answering his bullshit tire kicker questions (including a laughable 50% of asking price offer.

Dont think ill be rude to another potential buyer again off the back of that

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I sold a set of roof racks on gumtree recently. They weren't specifically for his model of car, so I spent twenty minutes fiddling to get them on there to make sure they would work.

Once they were on, he started the bargaining process.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had my first ever marketplace experience a few weeks back.

Decided to cash in some old 4wd gear I had lying around, taking advantage of the covid touring boom (its a bit like bikes at the moment). Ad sat there for 3 weeks without a bite or even a silly offer. Then a dude messaged me and wanted to view it next day. Turned up on exact time we'd planned, handed over $450 cash without even trying to bargain with me. Done, sold and drove off happy as a pig in shit.

Don't know what all you blokes are on about, I highly recommend farcebook marketplace lol

moorey

call me Mia
Had my first ever marketplace experience a few weeks back.

Decided to cash in some old 4wd gear I had lying around, taking advantage of the covid touring boom (its a bit like bikes at the moment). Ad sat there for 3 weeks without a bite or even a silly offer. Then a dude messaged me and wanted to view it next day. Turned up on exact time we'd planned, handed over $450 cash without even trying to bargain with me. Done, sold and drove off happy as a pig in shit.

Don't know what all you blokes are on about, I highly recommend farcebook marketplace lol
It will be resisted for $1500 by now. You were diddled.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I sold a set of roof racks on gumtree recently. They weren't specifically for his model of car, so I spent twenty minutes fiddling to get them on there to make sure they would work.

I'd have started taking them off

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

I'd have started taking them off
Amazing how easy it is to damage the roof taking these things off.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
My last marketplace listing (non bike related) i was tempted to be this way, but resisted. Ended up getting asking price (was over 1k) despite really wanting to stick it to this guy after a long day of answering his bullshit tire kicker questions (including a laughable 50% of asking price offer.

Dont think ill be rude to another potential buyer again off the back of that
Yeah good points, was (kinda) joking with my previous response. Just also a bit scarred from the extreme levels of tyre kickers and bullshit I went through last time (and for the record asking 57 questions and ultimately deciding it's not for you is fine, asking those same 57 questions then offering a third of what it's listed for is not).