COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Wasted some energy arguing with COVID deniers on Facebook. I actually hope they catch it and die or have permanent effects, that's how fucking awful their shit is. Anyway I reported all their rubbish bitchute links as false health information. I'll actually be happy with fb removing their shit in lieu of them catching it and dying.

Snow trip, I've seen a high level of mask wearing, and absolutely excellent work from staff enforcing masks, check in and venue numbers. We also did not have to line up at all for lifts, the most we saw in front was maybe two lots of people already through the sensor gates but mostly nobody visible on the lift ride, maybe 5% capacity at a guess. Sliding down slopes seeing maybe 10-20 people total from top to bottom, I ride bikes better than boards so stick to green runs, we saw 3 people on our last run down village trail.
They should just make them pay for hospitalisation when they end up in there or refuse to take them in.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Agreed @Scotty T, they’re being very professional and careful about masks and checking in. I was having a chat to a Ski Patrol bloke on a lift the other day, and he said their system detects people who’ve been changing their address when lockdown hits and automatically suspending lift access. Apparently 60 people in Newcastle alone changed address the day their lockdown hit, and they all got sent messages saying not to bother.

Really feel for all the people who can’t come, and a lot of the businesses I’m familiar with are bleeding. Fingers crossed Canberra keeps dodging covid, but it does seem inevitable looking at NSW.

danncam

Likes Dirt
So my 18 year old daughter gave up on waiting for Pfizer and went and got the Aye Zed yesterday. Can't say it doesn't shit me I got the Pfizer because I'm 49, yet with the highest AZ risk profile being female and 18, she couldn't.

Either which way she did the old insta story thing and 4 of her mates booked by the end of the night. Its a one in a million or so, but I pity anyone who's kid does draw the short straw in the end.
Give anyone over 40 AZ, and anyone under 40 Pfizer is my vote.

Oh, and she was laughing her head off with the teeth chattering side effect around 11 pm. The nuerofen kicked in and it settled down.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tradies back at work again today in Sydney. But the catch, they have to be vaccinated.

So of course a couple of business owners on the national telly this morning having a cry about it. Meanwhile in the background of the live feed, two workers at this business having a good old chat, mask-less lol. You go Sydney... you got this.

goobags

Likes Dirt
So my 18 year old daughter gave up on waiting for Pfizer and went and got the Aye Zed yesterday. Can't say it doesn't shit me I got the Pfizer because I'm 49, yet with the highest AZ risk profile being female and 18, she couldn't.

Either which way she did the old insta story thing and 4 of her mates booked by the end of the night. Its a one in a million or so, but I pity anyone who's kid does draw the short straw in the end.
Give anyone over 40 AZ, and anyone under 40 Pfizer is my vote.

Oh, and she was laughing her head off with the teeth chattering side effect around 11 pm. The nuerofen kicked in and it settled down.
I am 33 and booked in for AZ this Friday. Risk profile for myself changed given Hunter is in lockdown so it’s either AZ or nothing. Even pregnant wife can’t get Pfizer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norco Maniac

Is back!
The arsehole who intentionally bought covid to the northern rivers should be thrown in gaol, knew his missus had it but, well, he does not believe in covid so it's all good.
I normally don't do rape jokes but. Link provided now.
Hiscteenagers are also positive and they're all in hospital now.

Part of me would like to see twats like him refused treatment.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
It’s hard, one minute the powers at be are not recommending the available vaccine for my age group, then the next they want us to be vaccinated with said vaccine albeit it’s all too late with a 8-12 week turn around on being fully vaccinated.
At least they've finally started giving clear and consistent messaging about the miniscule chances of complications with the AZ jab.

I am in the limbo between the two doses now. Doctors will give it to you as quickly as 4 weeks after the first dose, but the efficacy is significantly reduced IIRC. If you haven't had the first jab and are worried about the 8-12 week gap, best thing I can suggest is to get the first jab A.S.A.P so the second one comes around faster.

goobags

Likes Dirt
At least they've finally started giving clear and consistent messaging about the miniscule chances of complications with the AZ jab.

I am in the limbo between the two doses now. Doctors will give it to you as quickly as 4 weeks after the first dose, but the efficacy is significantly reduced IIRC. If you haven't had the first jab and are worried about the 8-12 week gap, best thing I can suggest is to get the first jab A.S.A.P so the second one comes around faster.
Booked in Friday. Was the first available appointment as regular GP has a few doctors in isolation due to exposure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I originally booked for september, for a pfizer, out in wonthaggi because thats the closest i could get an appointment (sepetember because i turn 40 that month)

Then they changed the rules and wifey (who's not nearly 40 like me) was able to get an AZ shot this week in nearby cranbourne. i've gone and rebooked for cranny too, easily able to get a spot for next week, and it looks like the rescheduling has carried over the pfizer jab for me. I'm not particularly concerned which one i get, but really dont want to get turned around because i'm a couple of weeks shy of 40 and dont meet the requirements. Does anyone know if I'm in the clear here?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Imagine right if Scomo wasn’t such stain on humanity and listened to the experts, the highly competent and trained scientists that said this wasn’t going anywhere in a hurry and we needed to not be so ‘laidback’ about the whole thing and put his nose to grindstone, stopped sending out mixed messages, wiped the stupid stubborn smirk off his face and sourced us more vaccines. Not now. But then. All this hoop jumping and eligibility based on age bullshit wouldn’t be necessary. America had drive through jab station months and months ago for any adult age. I could be wrong on that and I know they control a lot of the supply so it probably was complicated but surely he could have done better.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I have noticed in the Age newspaper that they seem to have stopped reporting daily covid case numbers etc, and instead report percentages and rates of people getting vaccinated. Is this happening across any other newspapers or online media?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Imagine right if Scomo wasn’t such stain on humanity and listened to the experts, the highly competent and trained scientists that said this wasn’t going anywhere in a hurry and we needed to not be so ‘laidback’ about the whole thing and put his nose to grindstone, stopped sending out mixed messages, wiped the stupid stubborn smirk off his face and sourced us more vaccines. Not now. But then. All this hoop jumping and eligibility based on age bullshit wouldn’t be necessary. America had drive through jab station months and months ago for any adult age. I could be wrong on that and I know they control a lot of the supply so it probably was complicated but surely he could have done better.
You don't need to listen to scientists when you have God on your side

Yeah. I think you've got the mail on the head there in that the current feds thought we were far enough away to sit it out while it just dissapeared on its own in 6-12 months for no apparent reason they hedged all their bets on it either being a non-issue or it just fizzing out by itself. And when it turned out it was neither, they've still dragged their feet on the two things that could see us all in a good position - vaccines and traveller quarantine.

It really is beyond belief that we were at zero with a massive expanse of ocean between us and anyone else, and still managed to expose almost the entire country again while we were almost completely unvaccinated.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk