What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's absolutely fair, I guess you feel the need for better brakes because the first instinct is to slow down. I felt that my balance was a bit off coupled with the fact I've not really down a downhill section like that before!
There's nothing wrong with taking the downhill sections slower at first to focus on building your balance, perception/intuition, line selection, skills, and so on rather than just charging and relying on your brake to pull you up. Even 12 pot brakes aren't going to help in that sort of situation. As your confidence grows you'll start riding faster. Lone selection, body position, and knowing when I slow down or accelerate are going to have you feeling balanced on the bike faster than powerful brakes.

Like moorey, I am running xt brakes on all my bikes at the moment. Unlike moorey I weigh about 95kg. I've got a set of hope 4 pot brakes for my currently not functional dh bike. The hope are an awesome brake but I've not felt the xt brakes were too weak for me at any moment in the last 7 (I think) years where they have been my primary brake. I don't often crank big long dh rides and haven't even regularly shuttled a full length dh track for way too long though so I might be out of touch. When this lockdown ends I might be due to ride sawmill and Amazon again...but bare creek is my number 1 location.

On speed, riding with someone else is the best way to push it. I ride alone a lot and coast stuff that I really mash the pedals for when I'm with my friends. There is great value in your buddy rubbing your back tyre shouting "get off the brakes!!!" and "push it!" to remind you to keep it moving.

Went on a lockdown street ride. It’s a love hate relationship riding street, I’m getting shitty injuries from small crashes but had none this time!

I like that form on the wall ride.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
did some smooth packing on the last of the 2 rollers on my pump track..that should be the last of the digging, now to ride and fine tune
fuck it has taken way longer than I first imagined (started first covid lockdown 2020) , but it is done now, and my boys are good enough to actually ride it once it dries out and hardens up

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
did some smooth packing on the last of the 2 rollers on my pump track..that should be the last of the digging, now to ride and fine tune
fuck it has taken way longer than I first imagined (started first covid lockdown 2020) , but it is done now, and my boys are good enough to actually ride it once it dries out and hardens up
Pics!