What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Apparently milk is the most effective for hydration and electrolytes for post sportsing recovery. I'll see if I can find any more info.

Years ago I rode the Golden Triangle with @Plankosaurus. I forgot to drink and eat during the ride and despite drinking 2-3L of water post race, I spewed. I'd left it much too late. In retrospect the moment of realisation was when I nearly crashed into a tree on an easy descent.
Anyway, @Plankosaurus said "you need a choccy milk", so he bought me some. I fucking hate milk, but I drank it anyway and it helped. There you go Planks, another 'see, I was right!' to add to the framed collection!

[Edit] First hit in Googley:

BT180

Max Pfaff
How the fuck can that extra leverage not contribute to snapping the shock? Have you found anyone else with a snapped Super Deluxe coil on the standard linkage?
Yep, I posted on Commencal owners group on FB and there's been a couple

BT180

Max Pfaff
What a can of worms. When replacing my broken coil shock with the air shock, i noticed some play in the main pivot bearings. Understandable since they've been going over 2 years without being touched. Off to Commencal I go and get some fresh bearings. That was the easy part - can't get these bastards off, even with the bearing puller. Walk of shame to the LBS to get them to do it for me. :(

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
What a can of worms. When replacing my broken coil shock with the air shock, i noticed some play in the main pivot bearings. Understandable since they've been going over 2 years without being touched. Off to Commencal I go and get some fresh bearings. That was the easy part - can't get these bastards off, even with the bearing puller. Walk of shame to the LBS to get them to do it for me. :(View attachment 379363

View attachment 379364
U probably don’t want to know what they’re gonna do to get it off.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I hadn't planned to push myself so hard but it's a good lesson in staying hydrated every day regardless!
I never use to drink much water day to day, only really when bike riding.

Then I met my wife (who has always drank an inordinate amount of water).

Now I drink around 4-5 litres a day. And when I go mountain biking 15-20km I'd be lucky to drink 1.5l in a ride.

Minlak

custom titis
I uses these caps - I take 2 after 30 mins and then 2 every hour for as long as I ride - Regularly do 3-4 hr rides no more cramping no more dehydration.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Headache is subsiding - another banana smoothie, double Hydralite in my water bottle and 2 minute noodles.

I'm going to drink a bit more water from now on!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'll keep up the hydration - are those Hydralite tablets effective?
They are effectively marketed...

I sweat like a mother fucker working double time, so I am always chasing hydration pot ride. One of my tricks is to slam as much water in as I can when I finish like skull 1-2 litres. Also eat a banana they have heaps of good shit in them. Then just keep up a sensible a intake for a while (say 500ml per 30-60 min). Do you drink much coffee? Doesn't hurt to get a bit of coffee in too...yeah yeah it's a diuretic but if you're low on caffeine fuck me the head hurts.

And if you think you can't handle the water, squeeze in a citrus wedge or drink Gatorade/Powerade/similar.