COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
We're getting Pfizered this afternoon. Like @ozzybmx I wasn't fussed either way, and hadn't put anywhere near enough research into it anyway. Mrs George on the other hand was 100% Pfizer or nothing and was truly concerned about where we were going to get it from. After a tip from a fellow school mum she found an organisation that no one realised were jabbing people and we had an appointment within a week
best to get 2 of the same vaccination. Pfizer + Pfizer, AZ +AZ, etc. I'd read somewhere on Farcebook today that you may not get the covid passport or certification of 2 vaccinations. not 100% on this, will try to dig up the source.

moorey

call me Mia
I read it that way. If that’s what it takes then so be it. But being grounded whilst that happens doesn’t sit well with me.
Yeah, if it pushes people over the line to get it done, great....I just know plenty of people who are still struggling to get a booking before then for their first.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’m more upset , out of sorts as in regional area .
No cases , 40% double vaxed , but still restricted to 5 km .

I will add , not been outside my 1.2 km zone except for one ride in 2 months .
But it’s spring and a beaut day !

moorey

call me Mia
No, no you can keep posting stuff, you falling on your ribs is hilarious. If other people are going to ride the least they can do is spare a thought and "do a Hambo"
I’ll give it the ole college try for you this arvo, mate.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Snowballs, White Doves, New Yorkers, Disco biscuits and the mind body and soul.. Purple ohm tattoo I have on my left side. Ahh the good days.

BTW, dropped it all, like it never happened in 2000, came to Oz in 2002 and never thought about that life again, that's my kind of personality, not addictive, I just do shit that I like... lost a lot of friends along the way due to addictive personalities and falling for the money draw of dealing.

Cant remember 1998 till 2004 (17-22yrs old)... but that's beside the point :)

Edit: 1988-1994 (17-23yrs old)
Tranc is awful shit, a lot of people reckon it's more addictive than a lot of other drugs, probably because it is cheaper and easier to get and it gets mixed in with other drugs. Have a look at the YouTube videos of Kensington ave in Philadelphia, it's just off tap over there :(.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Serious question. My better half is encouraging me to sneak down to my usual trails (25 kms away) for a ride, no popping into the coffee shop or anything. We have had one solitary case in our lga, there is nada near the trails. I'm wfh, double vaxed, and wear my mask whenever out.
I feel bad for even contemplating it...but....

Daniel Hale

I've always prefered a nurse to do a jab for blood or injection as they should be more experienced and caring, except many nurses no longer do routine IM jabs. (I can say this as an ex-CCU RN. Not to boast ;) but I did successfully cannulate an obese cardiogenic shock patient who was in VF undergoing CPR once..just saying).
yes but were they an IV drug user - i had one tell me to get some stuff out of their eyelid once - they told me the rest of their veins were shite and thats where they can still get heroin in-

Daniel Hale

best to get 2 of the same vaccination. Pfizer + Pfizer, AZ +AZ, etc. I'd read somewhere on Farcebook today that you may not get the covid passport or certification of 2 vaccinations. not 100% on this, will try to dig up the source.
yep aus govt medidick not recognising diff jabs [so no passport]-europe has no problem with it -we are behind the evidence that diff jabs is providing marginally better protection..our conservative buroc is so slow
we also aren't recognising people who already have had the actual virus, which is even more stupider

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Playgrounds re-opened, funny that. Not that I have been banging on about it for the last few weeks.. Good to see a sensible backflip by the gov after getting blow torched over kids mental health..
It does seem like we're just going to be dealing with it rather than getting rid of it this time round so I guess they weighed it up and figured it wasn't worth being the hill they die on.

They have said that it's one parent only though, not that it'll stop groups of parents meeting up and hanging out but at least they're making a point of making people think it over I guess.

My kids will go on ignoring playgrounds and treating their outside time like a chore

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
#1 Pfizzer done. Am I glowing? I feel like I'm glowing......

This is the plan, all booked for 6 weeks time.

yep aus govt medidick not recognising diff jabs [so no passport]-europe has no problem with it -we are behind the evidence that diff jabs is providing marginally better protection..our conservative buroc is so slow
we also aren't recognising people who already have had the actual virus, which is even more stupider
You're Pfizzer has clearly worn off.

Serious note though, Mrs George is not amused with the new-not new developments. She's especially pissed with the f-wit journos asking the same brainless questions.

Attachments

slowmick

38-39"
Thank fuck they opened the play grounds. My daughter is flat as. Cutting off the play grounds was the last straw for her. I guess they have given the councils a day to run around and put up QR codes on all their playgrounds. Perfectly the forecast is rain for the 4 days starting friday.

Daniel Hale

Thank fuck they opened the play grounds. My daughter is flat as. Cutting off the play grounds was the last straw for her. I guess they have given the councils a day to run around and put up QR codes on all their playgrounds. Perfectly the forecast is rain for the 4 days starting friday.
a sweet 30mm’s friyay, harcourt will b mint saturday arvo

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It does seem like we're just going to be dealing with it rather than getting rid of it this time round so I guess they weighed it up and figured it wasn't worth being the hill they die on.

They have said that it's one parent only though, not that it'll stop groups of parents meeting up and hanging out but at least they're making a point of making people think it over I guess.

My kids will go on ignoring playgrounds and treating their outside time like a chore

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
I reckon the decision was all about enforcement re parents congregating and not really about kids at all..
fwiw I don’t go to the park with my kids, they are too old and cool for that..

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Here comes...

Melrose 18hr starts midnight Friday, was heading up tomorrow afternoon :rolleyes:

It only takes 1 community case and Marshall Law will lock us up.

South Australian health authorities have revealed that five COVID-positive truck drivers have travelled through the state in the past six days, while new wastewater testing results have revealed traces of the virus in Adelaide's north and south.

There are now 20 exposure sites across the state, from Nundroo and Ceduna in the west, to Port Augusta, Port Wakefield, Adelaide and Tailem Bend.

Authorities say there is no evidence of transmission from the cases, but dozens of contacts of each driver have been ordered into isolation.

"I have another little bit of concern here to pass on. We, as people know, do regular wastewater testing in South Australia and I was informed about two positive wastewater tests late yesterday," SA Chief Public Health Officer Nicola Spurrier said.

One of those is in the Salisbury area, while the other in Adelaide's south includes the suburbs of Hallett Cove, Lonsdale, Morphett Vale, Reynella and Sheidow Park.