Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not even remotely.
They were marsupials. Closer to numbats and quolls than dogs.
Very dog like but that's about it.

Carnivorous Marsupial, closest relations are the Tassie Devil and Numbat. Both male and female have a pouch.
Well there you go. They aren't something I've ever really had an interest in and assumed some sort of connection with dingos. They sure look like a funky dog! But I can also see the giant numbat resemblance.

I wonder if there were any efforts to domesticate them like a pet?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I wonder if there were any efforts to domesticate them like a pet?
Dunno.

The Taswegians weren't great at naming their native animals, they certainly didn't give the poor buggers a head start in life with Devil and Tiger tags.

The Tassie Devil is portrayed as a scary animal. They aren't even a predator, the biggest predator in Tasmania is the Quoll (yet again the Tiger Quoll). The Devil is little nocturnal scavenger with big problem... that most of the dead animals in Tassie are roadkill.

Silly little chunt then heads out at 10pm to clear the roads with a couple of juvenile Devils in tow, all 3 get wiped out.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Mail black holes.

Ground Effect Jacket from NZ via FedEx is stuck in Matraville
Brake lines, lube, hr strap, storage strap from Bike Bug on the 27th is lost in Auspost Melbourne
Saddle somewhere in Sydney, auspost again.
Grips, tyres, gloves from r2bike have been in DHL Frankfurt for nearly a month.

FFS. Lucky none of it was urgent.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Mail black holes.

Brake lines, lube, hr strap, storage strap from Bike Bug on the 27th is lost in Auspost Melbourne

My bikebug order was placed on the 14th of August.

Delivered yesterday.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Mail black holes.

Hopefully none of your parcels were in the Aus Post van that was stolen:

Minlak

custom titis
Hopefully none of your parcels were in the Aus Post van that was stolen:

I’m actually super surprised that we hear less about this kind of stuff - I thought it would be a prime target.
I remember hearing about mailmen that used to throw all the letters away / hide them so they could go home early too.
But then again for many years the freight drivers have been keeping the good stuff for themselves so would have been slim pickings for thieves.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I’m actually super surprised that we hear less about this kind of stuff - I thought it would be a prime target.
I remember hearing about mailmen that used to throw all the letters away / hide them so they could go home early too.
But then again for many years the freight drivers have been keeping the good stuff for themselves so would have been slim pickings for thieves.
I went to school with a person who's dad was a postie. I think they get first pickings with "lost" post, as he would often bring home little treasures.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Mail black holes.

I had three packages sent from Germany together on the 11th of August - two turned up this week, the third is still in Frankfurt... Consistency is also an issue with DHL it seems!

But another package was sent DHL Express on Monday from Estonia, and it's already in Sydney and ill get it on Monday!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Director is on leave so I get to do all the crisis comms too. On the plus side the planning meeting is getting angsty.

Watching the unravelling clusterfuck that's occurring currently would be kinda entertaining if I didn't need to do anything about it :D

Last edited:

Jpez

Down on the left!
Director is on leave so I get to do all the crisis comms too. On the plus side the planning meeting is getting angsty.

Watching the unravelling clusterfuck that's occurring currently would be kinda entertaining if I didn't need to do anything about it :D
So you were on site and now have to isolate for 14?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
"and once everyone is safely at home you should await the swift delivery of a carton from Uncle Dan. We shall then have zoom meeting and celebrate @Asininedrivel 's birthday. No need to apply for leave tomorrow, it has been decided everyone shall indeed be sick..."
Things I learnt today: don't try and update the CEO's speech while they're reading from it live via Sharepoint. Cue CEO losing their train of thought and looking like a muppet in front of hundreds of staff.

Too early to start drinking? No? Cool thanks

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Things I learnt today: don't try and update the CEO's speech while they're reading from it live via Sharepoint. Cue CEO losing their train of thought and looking like a muppet in front of hundreds of staff.

Too early to start drinking? No? Cool thanks
Ahaha. Brilliant.