Online retailers trusted/scammers

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I've ordered from Starbike in the distant past and never had a problem with them. I think i ordered spokes at the time as they were the only mob to have the particular lengths I needed.

I've also just ordered from Bikeinn as no one else has the saddle in looking for in stock, or any coming in for a long time. Let's see if they've upped their game as mentioned previously in this thread. Ordered yesterday, they anticipate delivery by Monday!

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Well, colour me surprised. Ordered Tuesday, ETA on the site was Monday, but when it shipped ETA extended to 30th July.

All good, that's still pretty good in the covid freight standards.

Come home from a ride today to find the parcel delivered. That's right, on a Sunday! My arse should be hopefully stoked with the new saddle

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Well, colour me surprised. Ordered Tuesday, ETA on the site was Monday, but when it shipped ETA extended to 30th July.

Come home from a ride today to find the parcel delivered. That's right, on a Sunday! My arse should be hopefully stoked with the new saddle
Is your arse going to post its review on RB?

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Is your arse going to post its review on RB?
Hmmm, given the shit that generally comes out of my mouth, it doesn't bode well for a review out of my arse! But Now that you mention it I'll probably post one up, even though arses are like, well, arseholes, everyone has one but they're all different... I have ridden a bunch of different saddles in the last few months, after being on a single make/model for almost 15 years. even buying the last I could find when they discontinued them a few years ago.

Mostly a lot of photos.
No, @moorey has done enough of that to cover every RB Member, for ever.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Just to give a shout-out to a trader on the good side of things, get onto TartyBikes.co.uk

These guys just get it. Orders leave A.S.A.P, they go above and beyond with packaging for freight*, are super-quick (time-zones allowing) to respond to e-mails, and yet pricing is still generally on par with other "big-barn" online retailers.

*I just bought front and rear Hope brakes and they've opened the packaging, individually bubble wrapped the caliper and levers, stuffed both the Hope boxes and the FedEx parcel box with scrunched up packing paper to prevent any potential scuffing of the parts in transit.

A bonus for me is that they stock (as in mostly carry in stock) a lot of the unneccessary Hope coloured anno bits I love.

Colour me frothed.

Last edited:

gippyz

Likes Dirt

Massive shoutout to starbike!! I was badly done in the past buying formula fork from the local dealer (fork did not come with the gizmos it meant to like the cts tool and oil), but this one come COMPLETE with everything for a very good price as well. 5++ star from me.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

I had the opposite experience. Placed the order, waited a full week, sent an email asking what's going on and it was miraculously processed in half an hour. It then took two weeks and another email before it shipped, and then I received an email from the courier saying it has been addressed wrong and is going back to Bikeinn.

Found everything on r2bike, but I might have a look at bike24 first.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I had the opposite experience. Placed the order, waited a full week, sent an email asking what's going on and it was miraculously processed in half an hour. It then took two weeks and another email before it shipped, and then I received an email from the courier saying it has been addressed wrong and is going back to Bikeinn.

Found everything on r2bike, but I might have a look at bike24 first.
Ah bugger. I did another repeat order to kit out my other main ride with the same saddle, and had the same luck as the first time, ordered on a Monday, delivered on the Saturday.

I guess it's a total crapshoot though - maybe I've used up all my good luck with Bikeinn!

If anyone else had the saddle in stock though I wouldn't have bought from Bikeinn, they were literally the only place to list as in stock (Ergon SM Enduro Comp saddle).

Jpez

Down on the left!
I had a bad experience as well. I did eventually get my order but it took forever. Was yours the time frame or lack of communication? Mine unfortunately was both
I would use the Mexican girl meme but @Dales Cannon would kill it within minutes.
Ordered two items. One showed up eventually. Ok thought the other one must be on its way. A week later I call. Talk to a Filipino call center.wtf? Oz company. Promise me they will sort it. All empty promises. Dude didn’t even know anything about bikes. I Hear nothing.
email them a few days later. A week later I get an email saying oh sorry. It’s out of stock. We’ll refund you. Might take a week. Would they have refunded if I hadn’t brought it to their attention? Doubt it.
the item is still marked as available. Ive had better service from the local Maccas.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Sounds like my experience, was listed as in stock. Ordered was patient and waited 3 weeks, nothing, emailed first, no reply. Rang and got the overseas call centre, was told they were out of stock at time of order but they had received shipment of order and item was on its way. 4 weeks latter and endless calls and emails item turned up. Box looked like what I expect to see from a bike24 order. Never again

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Giving a positive review for 20TwentyStore (https://20twentystore.com/) in Scotland! Placed an order end of July, shipped within 1 working day, and parcel just arrived from UK. Just a note that Royal Mail is utter shite with tracking, they will update it when the parcel is still in the UK but not after it has left.

ausdb

Being who he is
I've just had a positive experience with for https://www.ramcycleparts.com.au/ I needed some small parts to finish off a project that's been in my shed too long and some cheap parts to get hammered on my sons bike. I ordered around midnight last Thursday got a message saying dispatched and express posted Friday and the Monday just gone had a notification the parcel was ready for collection at a locker at my post office.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I've just had a positive experience with for https://www.ramcycleparts.com.au/ I needed some small parts to finish off a project that's been in my shed too long and some cheap parts to get hammered on my sons bike. I ordered around midnight last Thursday got a message saying dispatched and express posted Friday and the Monday just gone had a notification the parcel was ready for collection at a locker at my post office.
Plus 1. I've had good experiences getting parts through Ram.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

safreek

I've ordered from Starbike in the distant past and never had a problem with them. I think i ordered spokes at the time as they were the only mob to have the particular lengths I needed.

I've also just ordered from Bikeinn as no one else has the saddle in looking for in stock, or any coming in for a long time. Let's see if they've upped their game as mentioned previously in this thread. Ordered yesterday, they anticipate delivery by Monday!
Hey man, with the bikeinn order did you have to pay any gst or import fees. Just dawned on me I can't see any mention of gst on my order

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Looking at my invoices, the interesting thing (that I didn't even notice TBH until now) is that on the first order, I wasn't charged any GST by them, but on the second I was. I wonder if that had anything to do with the process in that my first order was done as an account created at checkout, whereas the second already had the account logged in.

But no other fees outside of the GST and postage. But then they were both small orders so wouldn't attract duty or other charges normally anyway.

\m/ Moshboy \m/

Likes Dirt
I really like UK based SportPursuit (outdoors/adventure focussed) -: https://www.sportpursuit.com

Pros -:
Best customer service I've experienced anywhere (I've modified ordrers pre-sending, returned items without question & prompt personal responses to emails)
Good to great pricing if they have what you're looking for.
Lots of brands not available locally.

Cons -:
They seem to be a clearnace warehouse/site, so can have limited stock/sizes & availability varies.
Sometimes they take pre-orders, so delivery can be a little lengthy, but they're clear about this.
You have to sign up to view their site.