Flat Earth, religion, exBurner, roadie hate, alien existence, mushrooms and badgers thread

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
That would make God an engineer, and engineers don't like anyone :p

As for religious belief, I'm all the more happy to let people have at it (I am not without belief in..."something") except when it comes to certain phrases, like "proves He exist through His word" and "forgiveness" and "saved". Sorry, but GTFO. He won't show up to book signings, as as far as I can measure, I was free of sin at day 0. I could rant on and on, but here is the perfect argument in just over 2 minutes long.

This is not an argument that God doesn't exist, this is just emotional blackmail to make Christians feel bad about what they believe in. It's his misinformed opinion. Does he want a world without suffering? Well we had one and we have a promise of another, forever. If he doesn't want to go to heaven on Gods terms? Don't worry, he wont.
Also do you really think that God is going to turn up to a book signing? If he exists and truely created the unverse, do you think he can be booked in for a time that's convenient? Actually he did once, performed miracles etc. Then we killed him. :p Ok I am being a bit of a smart arse now. Sorry.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
This is not an argument that God doesn't exist
You can't prove God doesn't exist. It's incumbent on the person making extraordinary claims to provide the proof.

Does he want a world without suffering? Well we had one
Proof required.

we have a promise of another, forever.
Proof required.

If he doesn't want to go to heaven on Gods terms? Don't worry, he wont.
Narcissism again..

Also do you really think that God is going to turn up to a book signing? If he exists and truely created the universe, do you think he can be booked in for a time that's convenient?
Well yes because all things are possible apparently. God apparently exists outside of time so why wouldn't it have control over it too?

Actually he did once, performed miracles etc. Then we killed him.
Allegedly.

madstace

Likes Dirt
Also do you really think that God is going to turn up to a book signing? If he exists and truely created the unverse, do you think he can be booked in for a time that's convenient? Actually he did once, performed miracles etc. Then we killed him. :p Ok I am being a bit of a smart arse now. Sorry.
Ok since the thread is already derailed (I blame Moorey :p), here goes:
  • You do realise both the insanity and hypocrisy of stating "He" created the known universe, yet its absurd to suggest he rock up to the local Dymocks (also it was a metaphor for the fact its completely UNPROVEN its "His" word).
  • Have you honestly forgotten your own primary narrative? Once again, "He", aka the fucking psychopath, sent his SON here to cop the supposed unfair treatment :rolleyes:

HamboCairns

Ok since the thread is already derailed (I blame Moorey :p), here goes:
  • You do realise both the insanity and hypocrisy of stating "He" created the known universe, yet its absurd to suggest he rock up to the local Dymocks (also it was a metaphor for the fact its completely UNPROVEN its "His" word).
  • Have you honestly forgotten your own primary narrative? Once again, "He", aka the fucking psychopath, sent his SON here to cop the supposed unfair treatment :rolleyes:
Only for one day, had a kip, then went back upstairs. Who's to say he didn't fake the whole pain and resurrection thing as a bit of cunning marketing?

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
And it begs the question of why punish Adam and Eve if they had either a: no free will or b: no knowledge of right and wrong. They were told not to eat, then they did. They rejected God and his rule to decide for themselves what is right and wrong. That's what we all do.

And if God created the rules then it would have known the eventual outcome. Which is a restored relationship with him as before the rules were broken.

The Jeebus comes along to sacrifice himself to himself to satisfy some rule he created in the first place. Jesus takes responsibility for everything, take it or leave it.

And of course, the New Testament abrogates the Old right? Nope. We're still stained with original sin as a carry over from God's oversight in the Garden of Eden. So to be 'saved' you need to pledge your allegiance to club Christianity.

David2406

Blueeeeeeeey's on!
Certain Christians seem to equate being a Christian as being a good person but you don't need to be a Christian to be a good person while being a Christian isn't a guarantee of being a good person.
I actually agree with you. It's true, there are arseholes that say they are Christians

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
You can't prove God doesn't exist. It's incumbent on the person making extraordinary claims to provide the proof.

Proof required.

Proof required.

Narcissism again..

Well yes because all things are possible apparently. God apparently exists outside of time so why wouldn't it have control over it too?

Allegedly.
Well you are jumping category's here. Attack the theology then jump back to scientific evidence. I have respectfully tried to answer your questions but we are going in circles. Your proof is the Bible, that's all you get and it's more than enough. Take it with humility or leave it. You want a sign? Well they asked Jesus for a sign and he said "A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah.” Jesus then left them and went away. "

HamboCairns

Well you are jumping category's here. Attack the theology then jump back to scientific evidence. I have respectfully tried to answer your questions but we are going in circles. Your proof is the Bible, that's all you get and it's more than enough. Take it with humility or leave it. You want a sign? Well they asked Jesus for a sign and he said "A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah.” Jesus then left them and went away. "
Circular reasoning is not proof.

I don't want a sign, I want it to make itself present. 2,000 year old books and stories don't cut it for me, but God already knows that.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Circular reasoning is not proof.

I don't want a sign, I want it to make itself present. 2,000 year old books and stories don't cut it for me, but God already knows that.
So what would cut it for you? You're demanding evidence from them, isn't it equally on you to prove he didn't exist? Re-reading your latest post, you've made your decision, and therefore everyone else is wrong. Kinda reminds me of a tale regarding rotor bolts.

I have no skin in this game. While I have been dunked, I was 6yo and that was pretty much the end of the matter. There is no reason for me to question @Cyclomaniac or @David2406 beliefs, same as I have no reason to question yours.

@Cyclomaniac and @David2406 I too applaud your commitment and your willingness to share.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I believe we have free will.
If you bounce a couple of things together exactly the same way they will always behave the same way. We are made of stuff that bounces around on an atomic level and that has a predefined outcome. Think of breaking in a game of pool, once the ball is struck what happens next isn't random, it's dependent on what hits where. If atoms behave like billiard balls, always with a predefined future and we are made of atoms then our paths and the paths of everything are predefined. Thus no free will.
To me this doesn't mean there's something higher it means there's something I don't understand. I do think the gods we have are all nonsense and there is no rational reason for believing in any of them but that also doesn't prove that there isn't something more.

HamboCairns

So what would cut it for you? You're demanding evidence from them, isn't it equally on you to prove he didn't exist? Re-reading your latest post, you've made your decision, and therefore everyone else is wrong. Kinda reminds me of a tale regarding rotor bolts.
God knows what would cut it for me. Actually showing up would be a start. An end to childhood disease would be great. A universally translated manual with no room for interpretation. Some miracles to show they're not a con artist. Maybe some dinosaurs.

I can make all sorts of extraordinary claims about you, it's not up to you to disprove them, it's on me to prove what I'm saying is true.

I thought I didn't see any issue with the rotor bolts. If I didn't go back the next morning when it was lighter and I was a bit more alert then I wouldn't be posting that you were all right and I missed the bolts themselves.

I'm not questioning their beliefs, I'm questioning Christianity and indeed organised religion itself.